1 - 5 of 5 Posts

nadellii

I would love to be my nieces god mother…but I don’t want to put pressure on her. Is it okay to ask?? Or is it straight up rude

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
It really depends on the type of relationship you have with your nieces parents...I would just ask, but again this is a personal thing for sure! Not sure if anyone else has advice to give you here...

ellinasgolfer0320

Generally, you look outside of the family for godparents because you want to grow your family, but you know your sister best so you should ask if you think she'd be okay with you asking. You could try asking her if she has found a nouno/nouna for daughters and then go from there.

Reactions: francescool

francescool

Generally, you look outside of the family for godparents because you want to grow your family, but you know your sister best so you should ask if you think she'd be okay with you asking. You could try asking her if she has found a nouno/nouna for daughters and then go from there.
That is a beautiful way to look at it :) thanks for sharing that perspective. I will likely do the same for my family whenever that happens, God willing

I would love to be my nieces god mother…but I don’t want to put pressure on her. Is it okay to ask?? Or is it straight up rude
Just tell her you want to be the God mother and I won't take no as an answer. Then take control of the whole christening. That's the way

What is the easiest Greek dance to learn?

I just wanna join in on the fun but Im not too coordinated. Whats best to learn first?

The Greek economy is growing!!

Finally, some good news for the economy of Greece :)

Polling the streets: Who is the most famous Greek?

This is quite interesting

5 Greek wedding gifts not on the registry

Time Capsule​

Gift the newlyweds with a time capsule they can fill with memorabilia from their wedding, letters to each other, and dreams they have for their future together.

Gold Jewelry​

Giving gold jewelry to a Greek bride is something that has been done for centuries. Greek Orthodox weddings are steeped in tradition and religion, so gifting the bride with a piece of gold jewelry such as a bracelet or necklace is very thoughtful.

Money​

It’s hard to go wrong with the gift of money. It allows the bride and groom to purchase something they really want or need or even tuck it away for the future.

Personalized Stationary​

If you look at the bride and groom’s wedding invitation, you can get a little sense of their style together. You can parlay that into a beautiful set of stationary for the newlyweds.

I copied these from https://www.greekboston.com/wedding/gifts-not-registry/ :)
Share and discuss Greek traditions related to Greek weddings, christenings, dance & holidays!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter