1 - 2 of 2 Posts

kosta_karapinotis

Does anyone have a good recipe for lamb kabobs? They look something like this:

Ground-Lamb-Kebabs-720x1079.jpg

k_tsoukalas

Maybe something like this?

How to make simple Greek salad dressing

Greek salad dressing is so simple! That's why I don't recommend that people buy it at the store. Making it at home is much cheaper, and also much healthier. First, you need to start with one cup of olive oil, half a cup of lemon juice, half a cup of red wine vinegar, and mix it all together. Then, add half of a cooked and chopped garlic clove and salt and pepper to taste. The recipe is really that simple. It can last a very long time and doesn't need to be refrigerated.

How to make simple Greek style chicken with lemon

One of Greece's most classic dishes is chicken with lemon and potatoes in the oven. The chicken is cooked slowly and tenderly until its crisp on the outside and soft on the inside. The recipe is simple, you need to start with one whole chicken and 10 potatoes. Season both the chicken and the cut and peeled potatoes with salt, pepper, oregano and then add olive oil, lemon and chopped garlic. It's really that simple. Then bake at 375 degrees F until the chicken is cooked!

Famous Konstantinople yogurt kebab

This kebab is famous in Greece for its flavor and its roots in Konstantinople. It’s marinated in spices and tomatoes and then topped with a dollop of yogurt. It’s also usually served with pita bread and grilled veggies. It’s the best!

91467344-C233-4A2B-BA78-F90DF90268E1.jpeg

How to make Greek frozen yogurt ice cream (without an ice cream maker)

Making frozen yogurt ice cream is such a good way to indulge in a healthy dessert. You can make this with an ice cream maker if you want, but you don't actually need one. I don't have one myself, so I love making this at home in the summertime. It's much lower in calories and compared to regular ice cream and it's much healthier for you. Depending on your needs, you can add less sugar. Whenever I make this for my brother I add honey because he has diabetes.

How to make lamb gyros at home

There are two different ways to make lamb gyros. Gyro's are traditionally made of ground meat that is packed onto a skewer and cooked on a rotation. You can make this at home by seasoning and letting ground lamb set in a pan in the fridge. After that you can slice it in pieces and cook it on a pan so it gives it a gyro effect. I prefer buying a fresh leg of lamb and cooking it in the oven so its crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. After that, just throw it in the pita with all of the toppings that you prefer.
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter