1 - 2 of 2 Posts

kosta_karapinotis

Does anyone have a good recipe for lamb kabobs? They look something like this:

Ground-Lamb-Kebabs-720x1079.jpg

k_tsoukalas

Maybe something like this?

Did you know that cheesecake is an Ancient Greek recipe?

This is a little known fact! Even though cheesecake in Ancient Greece is not like the New York cheesecake that we all know and eat today, the origins of cheesecake come from Ancient Greece. This actually makes total sense considering Greece has some of the best cheese and dairy from all around the world. Here is a recipe for Greek cheesecake. This recipe is super simple because it doesn't even need to be baked! Enjoy

Check out this amazing Greek olive bread recipe!

Greek olive bread is one of my favorite breads!! It's so unique and adds a lot of flavor to your typical table bread. You can use your existing bread recipe and simply add your favourite type of olives to it or you can use this recipe that is specifically made to taste great with olives. I like to use kalamata, but that's just my preference. Kalamata olives are probably the most traditional and popular olives.

How to make a Greek evil eye cocktail

This idea is SO FUN! I would love to make these cocktails to kick off my next trip to Greece with my girlfriends! The recipe requires a few ingredients that you might have on hand if you're a cocktail master. It's not a traditionally Greek recipe, but that's what you get when you want a cocktail for the looks. :)

These are the best frozen spanakopita brands

Frozen and store bought spanakopita has been a staple in my house especially recently during covid when I have been stressed and not in the mood to cook. The best brands you can find are Greek brands, which are 7 Days, Athens and Krinos.

Other brands that are not authentic but probably easier to find are spanakopita at Whole Foods or Trader Joes. The ingredients are high quality and the taste is there! I just prefer supporting Greek businesses so whenever I can, I will buy from a Greek grocery store.

Please add your favorite brands in the comments!

This is how taramasalata is made!

Taramosalata is one of those dips that's a bit mystifying. Many people really don't know what's in it (caviar and bread mostly) but we all know that it tastes amazing! There are varying qualities, and depending on how expensive or local the taramasalata is, its going to have different consistencies and taste. I like to go with your standard Krinos taramasalata that I get at the Greek supermarket but you can even make your own if you want a much fresher taste.

Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter