1 - 4 of 4 Posts

efhernandez_

How do all of you celebrate? I love attending any parades that are happening

Oxi-Day-720x480.jpg

ellinasgolfer0320

In America we have a celebration at the church and maybe a parade if you're in a city with a larger Greek population. In Greece, it's celebrated like Independence Day.

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
I wear blue and white all day on October 28, Oxi Day!!

greek-flag-1-720x480.jpeg

k_tsoukalas

How many people know Ancient Greek?

As some of you may know, ancient Greek is taught in all public schools throughout Greece. Although, many people aren't actually able to speak modern Greek and communicate between each other because it is a dead language, similar to Latin. Greek people are taught how to write ancient Greek and they learn how modern Greek is derived from ancient Greek. As you can see in the video, many people don't actually remember much of it and it has actually been criticized that it is not so valuable as some educators may think. What are your thoughts?

Greece Marks International Museum Day with Free Admission!👍

What is the most debated topic in Greek history?

I'd love to start a couple of debates and great conversations! I'm definitely not looking for a fight, just trying to have some engaging conversations. What are the biggest debates that you and your friends or family get into about Greek history?

Well,at last hope commences!

What do you think of the movie Alexander?

I've seen many different opinions of this movie, most of them debating its historical accuracy and the actors portrayal of these characters. I am very curious to see what everyone else thinks. Personally I am happy to see that Alexander the great story made it to the big screen, and with such great and famous actors. But I would love to see a little bit more history and culture in the movie.

Share and discuss Greek history!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter