1 - 5 of 5 Posts

xmelissaa

My Greek friend is getting married early next year but I still haven't received an invitation. Is this normal in Greek Culture? Because I know that in the states some people send them out year in advance or something like that

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
This is a great question!

I have not heard of a set time, the thought is the earlier the better, however during the pandemic I have heard of numerous Greek weddings in the US and Greece getting postponed several times so this is why they might be waiting to send out the wedding invitation.

Reactions: cubrinj

ellinasgolfer0320

2-3 months is the norm in Greece. They don't send save-the-dates either. If your friend is in Greece, then it is possible that he/she doesn't know that wedding invitations are sent out several months in advance in some countries outside of Greece.

Reactions: cubrinj

cubrinj

I was invited to a Greek wedding once just two months before. It was a casual wedding and we were only invited to the church so it really wasn't a problem

cubrinj

I was invited to a Greek wedding once just two months before. It was a casual wedding and we were only invited to the church so it really wasn't a problem
We were already staying in Greece at the time so we didn't need to make plans in advance or anything. I guess that's the issue, if you're not living in Greece you will probably need to plan far in advance for your travel plans

Giannis Antetokounmpo meets with Greek prime minister!!

I loved watching Giannis throughout the playoffs and im so happy that he's getting the recognition he deserves!! And meeting with the prime minister, how cool :) I think it will be very helpful to have Giannis as a cultural ambassador to Greece in the US

What is the easiest Greek dance to learn?

I just wanna join in on the fun but Im not too coordinated. Whats best to learn first?

The Greek economy is growing!!

Finally, some good news for the economy of Greece :)

My favorite Greek tv shows!

Here are a few must see Greek tv shows :) in no particular order

1. Kafe tis xaras
2. To Nisi
3. Para pente
4. Peninta Peninta
5. Savatogenimenes
Share and discuss Greek traditions related to Greek weddings, christenings, dance & holidays!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter