1 - 10 of 10 Posts

dpappas87

I'm planning on taking a day trip from Thessaloniki to Meteora but I'm scared I'm going to be exhausted for the drive back. How long does it take to walk up?

Meteora-720x478.jpg

Reactions: nm1999
When I climbed it took me about 45 minutes

nm1999

It took me about an hour but it can take longer depending on how many breaks you take. I recommend you don't go during the middle of the day when the sun is at its highest point. It will be way too hot and you will get dehydrated

nik_ma

Meteora is an amazing place; I would say it that it is not very well known to foreigners as it is not close to the most famous sea-side destinations. Enjoy:

Fetk

I don’t recommend seeing all the monastery in one day . go early in the morning depending on the ones you visit they are not long to walk up some are very quick from main Entrance. My family is from there and we go every year to see them.

Fetk

I don’t recommend seeing all the monastery in one day . go early in the morning depending on the ones you visit they are not long to walk up some are very quick from main Entrance. My family is from there and we go every year to see them.
Also one day is not enough to visit all monestary and then drive back to Thessaloniki .

dpappas87

Also one day is not enough to visit all monestary and then drive back to Thessaloniki .
What do you suggest? Are there any hotels near the monastery to stay for two days?

Look for
What do you suggest? Are there any hotels near the monastery to stay for two days?
Look for hotels in Kalambaka, it's a xorio at the base. You can also find airbnb's there.

Reactions: francescool

k_tsoukalas

There's a lot to see here. I agree that you should stay more than one day, or at least overnight, so you can don't get too exhausted for the drive back.

What is the public transportation like in Thessaloniki?

I know Athens has a fabulous subway system, but I don't know much about Thessaloniki....is it easy to get around using buses? Is there even a subway? I don't plan on renting a car but I'd love to explore some of the key spots on the outskirts of the city that are difficult to get to on foot.

Look at this food market tour in Thessaloniki!

Food markets are an excellent way to get to know the city and its agricultural roots! Check this video out

Visiting the Jewish museum in Thessaloniki is a great way to learn about history and culture

The Jewish Museum honors the rich Sephardic heritage and creativity starting from the 15th century. Thessaloniki was a safe haven, in 1492 after the expulsion from Spain by King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella. Jewish people brought knowledge of Renaissance culture as well as Western Mediterranean languages!! So cool to learn about this history

Are there any good taxi apps in Thessaloniki?

I would love to use a taxi app (similar to uber) while I'm in Thessaloniki, do you know of any good ones? I prefer to track my ride, it feels a bit safer that way

What part of Thessaloniki is overrated?

I saw someone else post in the Athens forum asking what part of Athens is not worth visitng. So I have the same question for Thessaloniki: which part is a bit overrated and shouldn't be worth visiting??
Share and discuss your Thessaloniki photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter