1 - 3 of 3 Posts

xmelissaa

I think so many people forget that Santorini is such a small island. I would love to stay there forever, but I know that it may not take longer than a few days to check out the whole island. Do you think that nine days is too long to stay there? Do you recommend that I visit another island during those extra few days?

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
This is a tough question!

It really depends if you want to see other Greek islands or if you want to stay and spend a week or longer in Santorini. Personally, Santorini is my favorite Greek island that I have visited and I could spend weeks there LOL :)

Santorini-720x438.jpeg

k_tsoukalas

You could spend a lot of time there and not even feel isolated. Even though it is a small island, there is a lot to do! You'll never get bored. Each town or village has its own charm. There are beaches, shopping, museums, and you can easily just spend the day walking and exploring. You won't have trouble filling up 9 days.

I heard there are not many taxis in Santorini...what do I do?

How do you get around other than taxi?? Please help!!

I loved Cape Columbo in Santorini Greece

I can't say enough about how much I loved visiting cape columbo! I love unorganized beaches because im so sick of the music they play at these beaches, I want some peace and quiet! And the water is super warm which is great for the off season. Have any of you been? What did you think?

These are the best volcanic beaches in Santorini!!

Volcanic beaches are unique because their soil and sand composition is from volcanic and ash from minerals left over from the Minoan eruption from 3,600 years ago. The explosion was as strong as 40 atomic bombs and produced 40 foot tsunamis. Some of the best beaches that we were blessed with after this explosion are Kamari, Monolithos, Perissa and the Read Beach of course. This is a wonderful picture of Perissa beach :)

Perissa-Beach-720x480.jpg

What is a typical price of a subbed in Santorini?

Will I have to break the bank to go swimming at a private beach in Santorini?

Eco tourism is a huge need in Santorini

I would love to see some more eco tourism in Santorini! If anyone has any advice on more sustainable tourism places to go to on the island please let me know

Share and discuss Santorini photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter