1 - 6 of 6 Posts

mastichas09

I would love to visit these ruins!! But how long will it take?

Delos-1-720x480.jpeg

Reactions: Hash

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Great question!

When I went to Mykonos in the early 1990s I did not even know taking a day trip to Delos was an option. From what I have heard from folks that have recently visited Mykonos, Delos is a great day trip.

Hope this helps!

Hash

I would love to visit these ruins!! But how long will it take?

View attachment 517
Delos
Hope this will help.....I used to promote guided tours of Delos, spend as much time as your appetite for architecture, culture, history, mythology can handle... There is a fantastic museum there now too!....go prepared, suntan lotion,hats lots of water, picnic also... plenty of time to take it all in.... Imagine what Delos would have been like all those years ago.....

Lotjeurope

Delos is an important island. You can hop on the boat and see around yourself (tour isn't necessary). I recommend to take an early boat (less warm, less crowded). We can easily spend 4 hours there, but it depends on what you want to see. If you just do the museum and the important houses (and the lions), you will spend an hour or 2, I guess.
Just check the timetable on the pier. Maybe you have to make reservations now due to Covid. I don't know..

k_tsoukalas

I have never been but from what I understand, the best way is to either join an organized tour group or take the ferry from one of the nearby islands, like Santorini or Mykonos. It's rich with history!

Hash

Reactions: efhernandez_

Look at these beautiful sunsets in Mykonos!

I love watching the sunset cast over the island 😍

Mykonos-720x826.jpg

Kalafatis beach is my favorite beach on the island! Whats yours?

This beach is stunning! What is your favorite?
kalafatis-beach-mykonos-720x480.jpg

Some very nice images of Delos !

Beautiful pictures of Mykonos 😍

Mykonos is so pretty all times of the year 😍

Mykonos-1-720x477.jpg

Mykonos live Webcam.... Enjoy!❤️

Just behind the windmills is where I parked my car every morning before walking down the hill to Little Venice to the Delos Port!❤️❤️
Share and discuss your Mykonos photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter