1 - 4 of 4 Posts

paharo45

I’ve heard many other users post on here about how hot and unbearable Athens is during the summer. But what can I do? It’s my favorite city! How many days do you all recommend for sightseeing, restaraunts and shopping?

Reactions: Hash

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
For someone that it is their first time in Greece, I would say spend no more than about 3 or 4 days in Athens, if returning maybe 2 days.

Even though there are great beaches in the Athens area, I personally prefer spending times in the island more than spending time in Athens.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: Hash

k_tsoukalas

I could spend weeks in Athens and it never gets old! But at a minimum, I'd do at least 3. You'll want to see the Acropolis and two days will leave you with enough time to do that, plus see some other sites and have a little fun dining out and seeing some night life.

ellinasgolfer0320

For tourists, you'd want about a week because there is a lot to do between shopping and sightseeing.

Posting pictures of Monastiraki square!

I can never get enough of how great Monastiraki looks!! Post your pics :)
athens-greece-720x480.jpg

Athens Marathon Event Opens September 1

Pictures from my trip to Athens

I love this city!!! My favorite parts were admiring all of the architecture and the history :) share any pics you have, I would love to see where you all went on your trip

Syntagma-Square.jpg
Share and discuss your Athens photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter