1 - 4 of 4 Posts

paharo45

I’ve heard many other users post on here about how hot and unbearable Athens is during the summer. But what can I do? It’s my favorite city! How many days do you all recommend for sightseeing, restaraunts and shopping?

Reactions: Hash

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
For someone that it is their first time in Greece, I would say spend no more than about 3 or 4 days in Athens, if returning maybe 2 days.

Even though there are great beaches in the Athens area, I personally prefer spending times in the island more than spending time in Athens.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: Hash

k_tsoukalas

I could spend weeks in Athens and it never gets old! But at a minimum, I'd do at least 3. You'll want to see the Acropolis and two days will leave you with enough time to do that, plus see some other sites and have a little fun dining out and seeing some night life.

ellinasgolfer0320

For tourists, you'd want about a week because there is a lot to do between shopping and sightseeing.

Tips on getting a good deal while shopping in Athens

One important thing to know while shopping in Athens, especially at the tourist places is that no price is the final price! When shopping, it is not considered rude to barter and negotiate prices (politely). I recommend doing this especially if you are purchasing a few items or paying with cash. Usually, the shop owner will give you a lower price if you are buying more things. Remember to always be polite when bartering and know that you shouldn't go too low, people should still be paid fairly.

Where can I watch live bouzouki music in Athens?

What are some great spots to listen to traditional Greek music in downtown Athens? I love bouzouki especially, and would love to see some talented musicians performing it live. Have any of you been to any rebetathika or restaurants with live music that would have some performances to listen to? Thanks everyone!

Best Ice cream in Athens!❤️❤️😋😋

The best neighborhood to stay in Athens is Thiseio

The Thiseio neighbourhood is perfect for your stay in Athens because you are able to have access to some of the best sites. It is walking distance to the Acropolis, and Monastiraki as well as many different art galleries, shops, restaurants and cafés. When I stay in this neighborhood, I really don't find myself needing to stray and I can find everything I need in walking distance.
Share and discuss your Athens photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter