1 - 7 of 7 Posts

nadellii

Im curious...how much would it cost to rent a boat of this size. I would like to take one from Porto Xeli and take it with a captain to and around Spetses. Does anyone know? Thanks!!!

Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 9.07.26 PM.png

Reactions: Hash

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Great question!

I think it depends, if you have a boating license or if you are looking to hire a private boat? I have always found going fishing is best hiring a local company that is not touristy (since I speak Greek) there are no issues. If you do not speak Greek, I would check on the location and Trip Advisor reviews to make the best selection. Hope this helps!!

k_tsoukalas

Rates vary a lot in Greece and it is hard to price around. How many hours do you need? Are you looking for a tour? Will you be driving?

Jerry s

It depends on the time of the year, much cheaper off season, the duration and the size of the yacht. Looking at the photo you put up looks like 40' plus . For that you have to budget 500-1000 per day.

Reactions: paharo45

paharo45

Beautiful Yacht, if you make some friends maybe they can take you for free LOL

Beautiful Yacht, if you make some friends maybe they can take you for free LOL
Good idea! Also, if you get a larger yacht that has more than one bedroom, you can invite a few people to join you, and you could share expenses. I've known people who have done that. They planned the itinerary and had a staff but total, it worked out to be very affordable after find 3 other couples to join them.

Reactions: dubai_suzie

dubai_suzie

Good idea! Also, if you get a larger yacht that has more than one bedroom, you can invite a few people to join you, and you could share expenses. I've known people who have done that. They planned the itinerary and had a staff but total, it worked out to be very affordable after find 3 other couples to join them.
If you get a staff, skip out on getting a chef/cook. Get food from the grocery store or eat out

Advice for Staying Fit While on Vacation in Greece?

I live in California, and I am used to living a pretty fit lifestyle. Recently, I have been a weight loss journey, connecting to my Greek roots and the healthy foods that are part of the Mediterranean diet. Although I wasn't active for a long time, I have found that there are plenty of opportunities where I live in LA. There are a lot of gyms, parks, I go for daily walks, etc.

I am planning my next trip to Greece and I need your advice. How do I stay fit? We are planning to spend a few days in Athens and then do some island hopping. We won't be staying in a hotel with a fitness center. I plan to pack something portable, like my fitness bands, so I can do a quick workout in my room if I need to. Yet, I see that Greeks are very fit. What should I do while in the country? How do Greeks stay fit?

I am older, but in decent shape. I can walk, hike, etc. I was thinking of heading to Crete just so I can hike the Samaria Gorge. I have friend my age who did it and thought it was a great experience. I am open to any advice you can give.

Tourism One of Three Drivers of the Greek Economy!

An integral and integrated part of Greek economy..... just hope they formulate legislative framework and mandatory fair pay/play for all the employees in Tourism Industry.

Share Your Greek Sunset Photos!

I have soft spot for sunset photos that involve Greek windmills. I would love to see all your favorite photos, as well!

greek-sunset-photo.jpg

Fun Museums to Visit in Thessaloniki

I love Thessaloniki. There's also so much history! These museums I can visit over and over again. Those of you who know a lot about this city - please leave your tip choices! I always enjoy trying new things:

1. Archeological Museum
2. War Museum
3. Thessaloniki Museum of Photography (such talent on display!)
4. Byzantine Culture Museum

Aside from that, always love being near the White Tower - it's such a classic, iconic landmark.
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter