1 - 5 of 5 Posts

francescool

As many of you may know, the average price of a gyro has been increasing slightly over the last few years. I haven't been to Greece in quite some time, so I'm wondering what the average price is these days. Does it vary from island to island and place to place? Or is it pretty stable? A gyro is my staple food in Greece, so I'll be eating very many throughout my next trip. Thanks everyone!

ellinasgolfer0320

€2.50 before the high inflation. The government just increased prices to €4.50 back in March if I recall correctly.

Reactions: nm1999

nm1999

€2.50 before the high inflation. The government just increased prices to €4.50 back in March if I recall correctly.
Woah that's pretty pricey for Greece but personally, I can afford it. Much cheaper than a low cost meal in many places around the world. I imagine that many locals struggle to afford it though. What a shame.

ellinasgolfer0320

Woah that's pretty pricey for Greece but personally, I can afford it. Much cheaper than a low cost meal in many places around the world. I imagine that many locals struggle to afford it though. What a shame.
It's very expensive given that the average Greek makes €600, euros a month and the cost of living (ignoring housing) is about the same as the USA.

Reactions: cubrinj

cubrinj

It's very expensive given that the average Greek makes €600, euros a month and the cost of living (ignoring housing) is about the same as the USA.
Yes, Greek people can't keep up with the prices

G is not only for Greece but Gastronomy— and gourmands:

Its grilling season!

I’m so excited! This is the first day that I’ve been able to get outside and start grilling. I made some chicken, pork chops, and beef tenderloin seasoned with lemon and oregano. Is anyone else grilling this summer? 😎

CBC9304B-37FF-4E92-B0AA-7D2A11D52FFB.jpeg

What are some of the easiest Greek recipes?

I'm looking for something super simple to make this weekend. I'm so tired from a long work week and I just want something healthy and of course Greek to snack on. Does anyone have some super simple and easy Greek recipes that I can make at home?

How to choose a fresh fish at the fish market!

Choosing a fresh fish is going to be key for your dish and for your health. I don't usually go to the fish market when I'm home, but when I'm on vacation, and especially in Greece, I love going to the market to get fresh fish from local fishermen. If you don't know how to pick fresh fish, here is a great tutorial on how!

What are your favorite Greek summer recipes?☀️

Now that summer is in full affect, I definitely want to start cooking some great Greek summer recipes! Does anyone have any Greek recipes that are perfect for summer, I'm looking for something light, fresh, and potentially made on the barbecue! If you're able to drop some recipe links, even better!
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter