1 - 5 of 5 Posts

kosta_karapinotis

Mykonos is one of those Greek islands that just can't escape its reputation of being expensive. I love this video because it gives you an honest look at how expensive the island can actually be. As always, take it with a grain of salt because you can truly make anything affordable in Greece by being smart and planning ahead.

Hash

Mykonos is one of those Greek islands that just can't escape its reputation of being expensive. I love this video because it gives you an honest look at how expensive the island can actually be. As always, take it with a grain of salt because you can truly make anything affordable in Greece by being smart and planning ahead.

Excellent video Costa, terrific content coverage.... great blog! Grekotel in Psarou is one of the best hotels and extremely professionally managed..... They got lucky with €300 bill @ Nammos 😂😂😂The Taxis are the most Extortionately expensive...and no one has the power to challenge them!... I will add more later on... Thanks for your post!... Fillya

Reactions: blopez34

blopez34

Excellent video Costa, terrific content coverage.... great blog! Grekotel in Psarou is one of the best hotels and extremely professionally managed..... They got lucky with €300 bill @ Nammos 😂😂😂The Taxis are the most Extortionately expensive...and no one has the power to challenge them!... I will add more later on... Thanks for your post!... Fillya
Wow, I always thought that I could barter in Greece, especially with the taxi drivers

Reactions: Hash

Hash

Wow, I always thought that I could barter in Greece, especially with the taxi drivers
Really?.... not in Mykonos.... here is a true story..a few years ago we arrived at Mykonos Airport with 1 hour to spare before catching our Ferry to Syros from Tourlos...in comes a Taxi.... now remember I lived in Mykonos for many years and I knew all the Taxi Drivers and all the people I knew were busy to assist us..!😂😂....he wanted €75 for 5 Kms? journey.... says Palikari Afto iney Timmy mu....in comes another one...he wanted €65😂....he recognised me and said Edho isey?....we had just arrived after 4 flights..and were exhausted......so comes the third one... this time from my village Ano Mera... recognises me .... says...Filey...ya Sena....€25....😂😂.....so the YouTube video and the taxi services they have in a limousine is excellent and exceptionally good...and it is from Grekotel...this makes all the difference!.... Kalley Mera...all good fun.... remind me to tell you about our experience in a taxi from Thai border to Siam Reap for 3 hours on a muddy gravel road... first time I saw windscreen wipers working full speed without water spray..!!. felt like we were in car rally!!...and our backsides very sore for a few days!!.. 😂😂

k_tsoukalas

From what I remember, Santorini can be expensive. I recall the taxi situation is not prime for bartering because the number of taxis is limited - the island won't allow a lot. Supply and demand I guess. It's fun there, though! This is a great video, by the way.

Are there any youth hostels that you recommend in Mykonos?

My cousin and I are going to be visiting Mykonos this summer and are wondering if you have any youth hostels that you have been to that you recommend. We love to meet new people when travelling, especially from all around the world! It always seems like Greece is the best place to make friends...What has your experience been?

Enchanting Greek music in Mykonos

This music gives me life! I will never get tired of hearing the sounds of bouzouki and guitar like I used to when I was little in my grandparents village. Bravo to all of the Greeks making us proud around the country. I am so happy and blessed to be Greek, happiness and health to all of us in this New Year!

Discover the most luxurious Villas in Mykonos!

Ok ok the Blue Jewel Estate, Villa offers enormous spaces to easily accommodate 62 people. With a volume of 31 spacious bedrooms -with en suite bathrooms ... any guesses how much to rent for 1 week?....I will begin by guessing...100,000 +Euro per week!!. complaints unwelcome! It is Mykonos!!!!...and sense of humour is essential!!😂😂🇺🇾🇺🇾!

Did you know that you can stay inside a windmill in Mykonos

This is one of the most unique stays that I have seen in Mykonos! I wonder how many of these hotels there are and if they get booked up pretty quickly. Has anyone stayed in one of these before? I would love to here your experience and if you recommend it or not. Thanks everyone, I look forward to seeing your comments in the thread below.

Share and discuss your Mykonos photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter