1 - 3 of 3 Posts

paharo45

Does anyone know how old I have to be to rent a car in Greece? I've never actually done it before but I've heard you have to pay a bit more if you're under 25. Is this true for all rental car companies in Greece? Or are there some that allow younger drivers. I am 23. Thanks

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Great question!

I just looked it up and it appears that people must be 21 years or older to rent a car in Greece:

k_tsoukalas

Great question!

I just looked it up and it appears that people must be 21 years or older to rent a car in Greece:

I would like to add that some companies require an international driver's license, which you could get at AAA fairly inexpensively in the US before you leave for your trip.

Where in Mykonos is this?

I bumped into a pretty pic of Mykonos - I am still trying to plan that trip with my friends! We are still considering Mykonos, even though some people are iffy. I found this pic - it's so pretty. Does anyone have an idea where this is, and what the vantage point is? One friend is saying she would love to try to replicate the scene from this photo if we do make it to that island...

mykonos-view.jpg

World Travel Awards 2022: Greek Tourism clinches global distinctions

It has taken many years in the making as far back as 90s for Greece to be a Globally recognised Tourism Destination....by this I mean having worked in Tourism Industry every year there was a different country for incoming Tourism traffic.... now collectively the arrivals are International..... Very proud about this!❤️❤️👏👏!

Day trips from Athens to Hydra?

Do you think I can pull off visiting Hydra for a day trip from Athens? I want to make sure I have enough time there. We are visiting Greece soon for the first time (next year) and we are going to stay in the Athens are the whole time - but we would like to branch out and visiting Hydra seems like a great day trip.

From what I understand, there are regular ferries from Piraeus? Or would it be better to join an organized tour type of thing if I can find one?

Athens car rental question

If I rent a car in Athens, do you think that I would be able to put it on a ferry to go to another island, like Crete?

My next trip to Greece is going to include visiting a bunch of people in Athens, not all of whom are in convenient locations to the metro, and then head to Crete. I like to have a car on Crete because I want to explore. I don't want to have to rent a car in two different places. Any suggestions?

Best recommendation for Passports, Visas, IDs, Driver license

If you need Travel guides, Passports, Visas, IDs, Driver license, or other high level documents from US, UK, Europe, Canada, Russia, Turkey and Central Asia email; expressdocumentsproducer [at] gmail dot com
WhatsApp : + 1 2 1 0 5 9 3 8 1 7 6
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow Worldwide Greeks:
Facebook Twitter Instagram
TikTok Pinterest YouTube