1 - 10 of 10 Posts

acamp7

Thanks to this amazing person who uploaded this video! So helpful :)

Reactions: Hash

acamp7

Reactions: Hash

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Great video, here is another source to learn How to Greek dance the Ikariotikos dance:

Reactions: greek_ggirl

k_tsoukalas

This is a pretty dance - thank you for sharing the tutorial! They look complicated at first but once you get the pattern straight, it feels a lot easier.

Reactions: acamp7
One of my favorite dances.

Reactions: acamp7

acamp7

This is a pretty dance - thank you for sharing the tutorial! They look complicated at first but once you get the pattern straight, it feels a lot easier.
It always takes me so long to learn but once I get the hang of it and understand the rhythm its all fun and from there :)

I finally got around to watching this. This is an interesting version. When I danced competitively in Greece our steps were slightly different (below video). She also adds figoures (stunts) which you can see towards the end when she brings her right foot up behind her knee.

Reactions: toniiv

toniiv

I finally got around to watching this. This is an interesting version. When I danced competitively in Greece our steps were slightly different (below video). She also adds figoures (stunts) which you can see towards the end when she brings her right foot up behind her knee.

How do I know which versions to dance? This is something that I always confuses me

toniiv

How do I know which versions to dance? This is something that I always confuses me
This question applies to many Greek dances, not just Ikariotiko! Thanks!

You dance whatever everyone else is dancing. Fortunately, if you know one version, then it will be easy to learn the other versions because they won't be much different. Figoures on the other hand have to be taught and you won't know them unless someone teaches you them...

You do not need to be a fisherman to catch great fish in Greece!

Some buddies of mine gather here at the dock every week and do some night time fishing!! They catch some pretty great fish even though they're just chilling at the side of the road, all you need is patience....and the sunset view doesn't hurt

Screen Shot 2021-07-27 at 8.33.56 PM.png

How much are simple and beautiful beach houses in Greece?

These beach houses are so simple and can fit so many people. I would love to live in a place like this one day, does anyone know how much something like this would cost? I don't need anything too fancy, just somewhere to spend my summers :)

Screen Shot 2021-07-27 at 8.22.46 PM.png

These Greeks have found the key to a long life

All I wish in this life is to learn from these types of people. It's so inspiring

Learn Greek vocab words about the workplace!

Here are a few Greek words to get you by when you're talking about work!

Τι δουλειά κάνεις; Ti thoulya kanees; What do you do for a living?
είμαι … eemai … I am

• Doctor – ο γιατρός – o yatros
  • Dentist – ο οδοντίατρος – o othondyatros
  • Electrician – οηλεκτρολόγος – o oilektrologos
  • Engineer – ο μηχανικός – o mihanikos
  • Farmer – ο αγρότης – o agrotis
  • Hairdresser – ο κομμωτής – o kommitis
  • Lawyer – ο δικηγόρος – o thikigoros
  • Pharmacist – η φαρμακοποιός – o farmakopyos
  • Plumber – ο υδραυλικός – o uthraulikos
  • Salesperson – ηΠωλητής – I politis
  • Teacher – οδάσκαλος – o thaskalos

Looking at where to buy Greek jewelry?

I love Greek jewelry!! These are some of my top sites that I like to shop and browse from

Share and discuss Greek traditions related to Greek weddings, christenings, dance & holidays!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter