1 - 2 of 2 Posts

cubrinj

This looks so amazing to me, I will definitely try this if I go to Crete anytime soon

k_tsoukalas

I love Crete but I have never done this. It looks soooo fun I think I will put it on my list for next time!

The most beautiful limani (port) is in Chania, Crete

One of the best things about visiting Chania, Crete is dining and walking around the beautiful port. The city is right exactly on the port, making the perfect place to do pretty much everything. If you're lucky enough to have the ability to get a boat chartered, I highly recommend sailing to different parts of the island. It's one of the best ways to visit the island and you can make stops along the way and swim. Have you ever been?

Local farms to visit while in Crete!

Visiting local farms is one of the best way to see the real agriculture production processes in Greece. Crete is one of the most agricultural islands in the country, and is responsible for producing many olives and wheat that is sent to the mainland and other parts of the world. If you're lucky, some of these farms will have food tasting and tours that are available during the summer months. Some of the most known farms are Agreco Farm, Cretan farm in Hersonissos and the Cretan Olive Oil Farm.

Rizinia is a lost ancient city in Crete

Over the years, there have been many texts that talk about ancient city in Crete called Rizinia. The existence of the city was unable to be confirmed from archeological artefacts until the 1900s when Italian archeologists found remnants of the city. Many of the artefacts from the sites are found in the Archaeological Museum of Heraklion where are you can go and visit them today. I definitely recommend checking them out.

What is better: Chania or Iraklio?

What does everyone recommend for a vacation in Crete? Chania or Iraklio? I've never been to the island, but I would really like to travel there this year. I've heard so much about Crete and that is one of the most unique places in Greece. Has anyone been to either of the islands and has a preference for one of them? Why or why not? I'm really trying to narrow down my trip soon and make a decision about where to visit.

What is the highest number in words from ancient greek

Maybe you can tell me what is the highest number to use in words in antique greek numeral system? Please help me ou really trying to find this!
Share and discuss your Crete photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter