1 - 2 of 2 Posts

cubrinj

This looks so amazing to me, I will definitely try this if I go to Crete anytime soon

k_tsoukalas

I love Crete but I have never done this. It looks soooo fun I think I will put it on my list for next time!

Elafonisi beach is just unbeatable

The low tides are the best part of Elafonisi beach because you can wade in the water and relax without waves, seaweed or deep dirtier water. I love this beach!

elafonissi-beach-crete-900x442.jpg

Cretan food is probably the most unique out of all of Greece

So much of Cretan culture is based around food and agriculture that the food is just amazing! The produce is so fresh and the olive oil is one of the secrets of the rich and flavourful food. Much of the food is similar to the rest of the Greek cuisine but there are many staples such as Dakos, fried snails, and speciality Cretan cheese that are not found on other islands and in other regions of Greece. If you're a foodie, you need to visit Crete!

Why St. Nicholas (Agios Nikolaos) is very important in Crete

Agios Nikolaos is a very important Saint all over Greece, but he has a particular importance in Crete and his feast is highly celebrated. Agios Nikolaos is the protector of children, they need to come and fisherman. Fisherman or an extremely big part of Crete and he is said to protect Crete's fisherman, who are a big part of the islands economy and well-being. He is from a city by the sea in Asia Minor so he has another connection to the sea there. On December 6, port cities in Crete celebrate with festivities and celebrate the navy and the military. Agios Nikolaos is also the patron saint of the city Agios Nikolaos in Crete.

Beautiful Toplou Monastery in Crete is totally worth visiting

I swear Greece is one of the only places where visiting monasteries is like a must do! Toplou monastery is so stunning and I highly recommend it for anyone who wants to see some less touristy sites in Greece!

Toplou-Monastery-Crete-768x512.jpg

These are the top places to visit in Crete, Greece

These are the places that you must see when you visit Crete!!

1. Elafonissi
2. Minoan Palaces
3. Samaria Gorge
4. Old Venetian Harbor
5. Heraklion Archaeological Museum

This is what Elafonisi beach looks like...just stunning 😍
elafonisi-beach-crete-720x540.jpg
Share and discuss your Crete photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter