1 - 2 of 2 Posts

cubrinj

This looks so amazing to me, I will definitely try this if I go to Crete anytime soon

k_tsoukalas

I love Crete but I have never done this. It looks soooo fun I think I will put it on my list for next time!

Did you know that most Cretan restaurants will serve you raki and watermelon after your meal?

Whether you ask for it or not, most restaurants in Crete will serve you raki and watermelon free of charge after your meal. This is part of the Cretan culture and is considered very hospitable and philotimo. I personally always looked forward to it and it was a great part of the dining experience.

Visiting Psychro Cave in Crete, also known as Zeus Cave

This is what the Zeus cave looks like in Crete. Ancient Greek mythology claims that this is where the ancient Greek god Zeus was born. Because of this, many many tourists flock from around the world to visit this cave. The cave is also revered as very special because there are many rare and valuable stones found within it such as amethyst. Here is a video clip that shows you the inside of the cave, if you are ever planning to visit.

What do you need to know before visiting Chania, Crete!

When you're visiting Chania, I personally recommend sticking around the city. The restaurants are fantastic and it's also a city that's right by the water so you'll be able to go to the beach whenever you like. The nightlife is also pretty great, and there's really talented musicians who play live music in the summertime. This video outlines everything about the city perfectly. If you've been, drop some recommendations in the comments!

What is better: Chania or Iraklio?

What does everyone recommend for a vacation in Crete? Chania or Iraklio? I've never been to the island, but I would really like to travel there this year. I've heard so much about Crete and that is one of the most unique places in Greece. Has anyone been to either of the islands and has a preference for one of them? Why or why not? I'm really trying to narrow down my trip soon and make a decision about where to visit.

What is the highest number in words from ancient greek

Maybe you can tell me what is the highest number to use in words in antique greek numeral system? Please help me ou really trying to find this!
Share and discuss your Crete photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter