1 - 6 of 6 Posts

paharo45

What is the best way to travel from Athens to Santorini? Boat? Plane? Or something in between?

knicks_fan87

Flying is waaaay easier. I get so seasick on the ferries so I wouldn't recommend it. Flights are pretty cheap anyways and you'll save so much time. That way, you'll be able to spend more time on the island instead of being stuck on a boat.

LetsBookTravel

You can travel by normal ferry that takes about 8 hours, fast ferry that is 4 hours but flying cats trips are cancelled on rough weather.
Plane takes about 45 minutes
Also, there are private helicopter flights

Reactions: paharo45

paharo45

You can travel by normal ferry that takes about 8 hours, fast ferry that is 4 hours but flying cats trips are cancelled on rough weather.
Plane takes about 45 minutes
Also, there are private helicopter flights
Thanks for the advice! Woah, a private helicopter sounds super fancy, I'd love to try that

LetsBookTravel

Thanks for the advice! Woah, a private helicopter sounds super fancy, I'd love to try that
It is. If you ever wanna give it a try hit me up

k_tsoukalas

I prefer flying, but only if I am not already in Greece. When I am already in Greece, I seem to prefer Ferry. 8 hours really isn't a lot, and the ferries can be fun. You can get a bite to eat, something to drink, enjoy the view...

The best restaurants in Santorini

Santorini has some of the best Greek cuisine! Ever since the tourism industry has been booming, chefs from all over the world have been visiting, opening up restaurants, and collaborating with Greek shifts. In my opinion, this is the island where you can get the most diverse and elevated cuisine. These are the best restaurants in my opinion, but please let me know your top pics. I would love to know.

- Ouzeri
-Almira
-Ambrosia
-FalafeLand (vegan)

These are just a handful that I can remember off the top of my head!

Is Santorini actually overrated?

I keep hearing this statement over and over....and I'm kind of confused. I loved Santorini when I went, as you can see in my profile picture. I loved riding the donkeys with my kids and exploring the island. I get that its crowded and a little overpriced but I think it was an unforgettable experience. I wouldn't have taken it back and gone to another island! What are your thoughts for those that have been?

The Santorini crowds seem to be getting worse and worse

I can't seem to escape all of the criticism about the Santorini crowds. This makes me wonder… are the crowds getting worse? Or are people just posting about them more on social media? I haven't been to Santorini in many years, but this is just a glimpse of what you may be faced with when visiting the island. Of course, take it with a grain of salt, and the whole island will definitely not be full of people. I do recommend visiting in May, June, and September if you want a quieter vacation.

The truth about costs in Santorini

Have you ever wanted some insight about the reality of how much you would spend in Santorini? Here's a video that does a pretty good job of showing you what some day-to-day expenses would be. If anyone has some advice on where to go in Santorini that is affordable, please let us know!

The best place to go scuba diving in Santorini

Santorini is one of the best places to go scuba diving because the island was created from a volcano many years ago which makes the sea life very different from other areas of Greece. There are very unique Coral reef Sandrock formations that have come from the volcano, and as always, the sea is teeming with wildlife. I highly recommend visiting Caldera Lagoon and arranging that you go scuba diving there. There are a few local schools that you should call ahead of time to schedule your slot. Best of luck!
Share and discuss Santorini photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter