1 - 2 of 2 Posts

redsoxdw_

If you're staying in hotels, and travelling to remote villages, it's going to be pretty hard to find stable Wi-Fi in Greece. I like to bring my laptop and do a bit of work in Greece, so the best option I can recommend for you is buying a Wi-Fi stick from one of Greece's larger telecommunications companies (Vodafone, Cosmote etc.) You can get these at the physical store, just make sure that you have your ID with you, because they asked for mine.

Reactions: Vangelis

k_tsoukalas

If you're staying in hotels, and travelling to remote villages, it's going to be pretty hard to find stable Wi-Fi in Greece. I like to bring my laptop and do a bit of work in Greece, so the best option I can recommend for you is buying a Wi-Fi stick from one of Greece's larger telecommunications companies (Vodafone, Cosmote etc.) You can get these at the physical store, just make sure that you have your ID with you, because they asked for mine.
Thank you for sharing this. I have been wondering about this because when I travel to Greece, the Wi Fi is usually terrible. I had not thought to buy a wifi stick, though.

Essential Greek travel tips!

Here are a few key Greek travel tips for this summer that I think you would find helpful

1. Don't throw toilet paper in the toilet
2. You can always find a pharmacy that's open 24 hours, they alternate which ones are open in a specific radius
3. Masks are required on ferries

Please feel free to add more in the comments! :)

Did you know that wine is super cheap in Greece?

Many people think that wine is for those with expensive taste. The reality is that you can find amazing wines at extremely low prices if you search in the right places. You can get ones that cost as low as four euros at your local supermarket and convenient store in Greece. If you’re traveling on a budget to Greece this year, I highly recommend that you opt for store-bought wine instead of ordering a bottle or glass at restaurants for example. There’s nothing better than getting a few snacks and wine from the grocery store and setting up a picnic on the beach.

How to rent motorcycles and atvs in Greece

Of course, the process is going to be different depending on where you are in Greece, but for the most part the rules are the same. You will need an unexpired drivers license to rent an ATV. Some websites will say that you need an international drivers license, but I've never been asked for one. If you want to rent a motorcycle, you will need a motorcycle license. You might be able to get by if you let the people know that your experience, but I highly recommend that you bring yours. It's as simple as that!

There is a rental crisis in Greece

The rental crisis is getting worse all over the world, and especially in Greece. Many Greek people say that they spend the majority of their salary on rent, and the buildings are not in good condition. I have seen this myself with my own friends and family in Greece. Things are getting more and more unaffordable, especially as more and more people are moving to Greece. Something definitely needs to be done about this.

Dont worry, you can always have breakfast on the ferry

I’ve taken countless ferries across the Greek islands, and I always seem to be rushing to get on the boat in time. One thing that I love about Greek ferries, is that there’s always a café on board where you can buy snacks, pastries, and coffee. It’s a little bit pricey, so keep that in mind. You can also get coffee from the ferry port! Safe travels 😊
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter