1 - 1 of 1 Posts

greggd12

Now that it's getting a bit warmer outside I'm going to start grilling up some of the freshest fish that I can find. Grilling fish is very easy, but you just have to make sure that the grill is hot enough so that the fish doesn't stick and fall apart. The grill should be preheated to about 450°F and your fish should be lightly coated in olive oil. Depending on the type of fish, it will cook pretty quickly so monitor it closely. Most fish will cook in about 5 to 10 minutes

Is it easy to eat gluten free in Greece?

My husband has a gluten allergy and it’s been pretty difficult traveling and eating gluten free. There have been many cases where people tell us that something is gluten free and it’s actually not, and he ends up having an allergic reaction. Is anyone gluten free and has traveled around Greece? How difficult was it and can you share a bit about your experience?

Strawberry covered ekmek kadaïfi

This dessert is one of the best I’ve ever made! It’s a simple ekmek kadaïfi recipe that I found from google and I topped it off with pistachios and strawberries. It tastes just as good as it tastes.
B688E5EE-1414-4CCB-9F1A-1B6D37621EAD.jpeg

What desserts are served at Greek weddings?

Are there any desserts that are specific to Greek weddings? I’m going to a Greek wedding this summer and I would love to know waht tasty treats are on the menu so I know what to look forward to! 😋

What are your favorite flavors of Greek ice cream?

Personally, I have to say baklava or kaïmaki. For those of you that haven’t tried kaïmaki, I highly recommend it. It’s a traditional Greek ice cream made from masticha. You can find it at most Greek grocery stores and ice cream stores. What is your favorite Greek ice cream flavor?

What is the best Greek food to sneak in vegetables for kids?

My kids absolutely hate eating vegetables and I am always looking for ways to sneak in more and more vegetables. Does anyone have good Greek dish recommendations that have vegetables that don't taste too strong? Or existing recipes where I can add small pieces of veggies? I would really appreciate it, I am not the best chef but I am trying to switch it up these days and keep things healthy!
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter