1 - 2 of 2 Posts

nadellii

Calamari is a super easy dish to make! Depending on where you are, it can be pretty hard to find fresh calamari. If you’re lucky to find some, all you need to do is clean it carefully and peel the skin off. After that, you can marinate it for 20 minutes in lemon, olive oil, garlic and oregano. I like to get a skillet really hot with olive oil and fry it until it’s crispy. Be careful, since the oil can splatter. After that, you’re all set!!

k_tsoukalas

I love eating calamari, but do you know I have never cooked with it? Thanks for the tips!

Try and make this unique Greek fig and honey yogurt cake

This recipe is one of them most unique that I have ever seen! I have never tried making it, but I would love to. Has anyone eaten this or made it before? I'm not sure if its a common recipe in Greece. I love that this recipe uses olive oil and Greek yogurt, which I try to incorporate in as many recipes that I can.

Have you ever made a traditional Greek rabbit recipe?

Rabbit is considered a delicacy in Greece, even though it's not so popular today. There are many different variations of rabbit that are made in Greece, but the most popular is a rabbit stew. The stew consists of tomato, carrots, celery, a whole rabbit, onions, garlic, and spices such as rosemary, allspice, bay leaf, pepper, and salt. This is a great recipe that I have tried myself and I like to make every now and then when I can find rabbit at the butcher or farmers market.

How to make homemade Greek sausages

Greek sausages are fresh and fragrant. You can make these sausages out of any type of ground meat, but the most traditional way is ground pork. I like to use chicken for breakfast sausages but pork for when I'm having a barbecue with guests over. I like to get fresh ground meat from the butcher, with about 15-20% of fat. The more fat, the juicer the sausages will be. Keep in mind that if you're using a leaner cut of meat, you will want to keep an eye on the cook time so that they don't dry out. Here is my favorite recipe. It's in Greek but I use a google translate add on to understand it.

Mastic ice cream is the best dessert for summer

Greek mastic ice cream is one of the best summer desserts. It has such a unique flavor, and is made from traditional Greek ingredients. You can usually find this ice cream packaged in a grocery store, from a Greek pastry store, and some people even make it at home. If you would like to try to, here are some recipes that you can use.

How to make the best french fries!

Even though they were popularized in the United States, french fries are a staple of Greek cuisine. The Greeks do them much better than anyone else! Greek french fries are thick cut, and always made fresh to order. We don't use frozen fries and we always fry them in high quality oil. Here is how to make the best Greek fries
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter