1 - 2 of 2 Posts

francescool

Hear me out, I know the Greeks usually don't have salad with chicken, but adding some protein to my favourite Greek salad recipe is a great way to have a healthy lunch. I always like to buy grocery store rotisserie chicken and take out the bones immediately when I get home. After that, I chop up some tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions, green peppers, olives, and feta cheese and mix it in with the chicken. For the dressing, I make a very simple dressing with olive oil, lemon, and sometimes balsamic vinegar. For the seasoning I use cracked black pepper, coarse sea salt, and of course fresh oregano! Let me know what you think of this :)

k_tsoukalas

Good ide to add chicken to the salad. I know Greeks don't normally do it, but I love salad with protein!

What desserts are served at Greek weddings?

Are there any desserts that are specific to Greek weddings? I’m going to a Greek wedding this summer and I would love to know waht tasty treats are on the menu so I know what to look forward to! 😋

Strawberry covered ekmek kadaïfi

This dessert is one of the best I’ve ever made! It’s a simple ekmek kadaïfi recipe that I found from google and I topped it off with pistachios and strawberries. It tastes just as good as it tastes.
B688E5EE-1414-4CCB-9F1A-1B6D37621EAD.jpeg

G is not only for Greece but Gastronomy— and gourmands:

What is the best Greek food to sneak in vegetables for kids?

My kids absolutely hate eating vegetables and I am always looking for ways to sneak in more and more vegetables. Does anyone have good Greek dish recommendations that have vegetables that don't taste too strong? Or existing recipes where I can add small pieces of veggies? I would really appreciate it, I am not the best chef but I am trying to switch it up these days and keep things healthy!

How to spruce up your leftover keftedes!

I always find myself having leftover meatballs or keftedes need a bit of sprucing up the next day. What I like to do is make a tomato sauce with wine, and heat up the meatballs with the sauce so that they soak it up and don't stay dry. This is the recipe for the sauce

- sauté one onion and two garlic cloves with olive oil
- add half a jar of tomato paste
-add cumin, black pepper, ground clove and basil
-after all the spices have been cooked, add one cup of red wine
-once the wine is bubbling, add one jar of tomato sauce
-cook for about 20 minutes over medium heat
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter