1 - 2 of 2 Posts

knicks_fan87

If you don't know how to make this dish then do you really love Greek cooking??? Just joking, let me know if you like this recipe :)

k_tsoukalas

Oh my gosh, this video makes me hungry. Moussaka and salad - yummy!!!!

The best Santorini white wines

Santorini is famous for its white wines. I'm not a huge wine person myself, but I always find myself reaching for Santorini wine when it's on the menu. There are so many different wines to choose from, and its really up to your own taste. I don't ever believe that the best wine is the most expensive. Here are a few wines that you should at least try!

Assyrtiko
Tselepos
Nychteri
Vinsado

What are your favorites?

How to make olive bread

Olive bread is absolutely fantastic, and it upgrades every bread recipe. If you already have a bread recipe that you like, all you need to do is add olives to the dough. Kalamata olives are the classic, but any olives will do. The olives don't change the consistency of the bread, or mess up any of the chemistry and existing recipes. Here is an olive bread recipe that I use and that I really like. :)

Beautiful lamb shank and lavraki

This dinner was absolutely exquisite! It was a lovely roasted lamb shake, with small pieces of pasta. We also ordered a grilled lavraki which was one of the best I’ve ever had in my life. I just can’t get enough of Greek food, it’s always so fresh and cooked to perfection. Greetings from my holiday!

4E56A3F5-DF7F-4E6F-A638-4EF884F6BC87.jpeg

Famous Konstantinople yogurt kebab

This kebab is famous in Greece for its flavor and its roots in Konstantinople. It’s marinated in spices and tomatoes and then topped with a dollop of yogurt. It’s also usually served with pita bread and grilled veggies. It’s the best!

91467344-C233-4A2B-BA78-F90DF90268E1.jpeg

How to make lamb gyros at home

There are two different ways to make lamb gyros. Gyro's are traditionally made of ground meat that is packed onto a skewer and cooked on a rotation. You can make this at home by seasoning and letting ground lamb set in a pan in the fridge. After that you can slice it in pieces and cook it on a pan so it gives it a gyro effect. I prefer buying a fresh leg of lamb and cooking it in the oven so its crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. After that, just throw it in the pita with all of the toppings that you prefer.
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter