1 - 3 of 3 Posts

blopez34

Avgolemono can be put on literally everything!! I like to put it on gemista and dolmadakia :) This is how you make it

Ingredients: 1-2 cups broth or pan juices from the dish for which you are making avgolemono, 2 eggs, Juice of 1-2 lemons

Gradually beat in a spoonful at a time of hot broth until the mixture is very warm. Slowly pour the egg mixture into the pot with the rest of the hot broth and stir continuously until the sauce thickens slightly. Do not allow to boil because it will cook the eggs and the sauce will separate.

And this is what it looks like
Egg-and-Lemon-Sauce-720x483.jpg

Reactions: Jawge and nadellii

nadellii

This sauce is so good, you can thicken it up with cornstarch if you want

k_tsoukalas

This is one of the most versatile sauces in all of Greek cuisine! I use it in a bunch of different dishes, and I keep remembering different ways my family has used it that I have forgotten. My grandmother used to make this fish dish involving avgolemono. I don't remember the name of it! Does anyone know it?

What are some of the easiest Greek recipes?

I'm looking for something super simple to make this weekend. I'm so tired from a long work week and I just want something healthy and of course Greek to snack on. Does anyone have some super simple and easy Greek recipes that I can make at home?

How to spruce up your leftover keftedes!

I always find myself having leftover meatballs or keftedes need a bit of sprucing up the next day. What I like to do is make a tomato sauce with wine, and heat up the meatballs with the sauce so that they soak it up and don't stay dry. This is the recipe for the sauce

- sauté one onion and two garlic cloves with olive oil
- add half a jar of tomato paste
-add cumin, black pepper, ground clove and basil
-after all the spices have been cooked, add one cup of red wine
-once the wine is bubbling, add one jar of tomato sauce
-cook for about 20 minutes over medium heat

What is your favorite vegan Greek appetizer?

I'm having a couple of friends over next weekend, and many of them are vegan. What are some good Greek appetizers that are vegan or can be made vegan? I've been doing some googling and many people say that there are quite a few vegan Greek recipes because many Greek people essentially eat vegan when they are fasting. Do you have any recommendations?

Is it possible to grow olives outside of Greece?

This is for all of the users that have a green thumb.... I've always wanted to grow olives in my backyard, but part of me thinks that they will never taste as good as the ones that I get from Greece. Is it even worth trying? For a little bit of context, I live in Montreal where the summers are warm but the winters are pretty cold and snowy. Has anyone tried this out themselves?

G is not only for Greece but Gastronomy— and gourmands:

Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter