1 - 10 of 10 Posts

dimi_pat

This is one of my favorite recipes :) Do any of you know good variations or alternative recipes?

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Great video, thanks for sharing!

Here are a few printed versions of the Ekmek Kataifi recipe:

k_tsoukalas

This is one of my favorite Greek desserts, but I don't know how to make it yet. Thanks for sharing these recipes!

Ekmek is not Greek it's Turkish

Reactions: cf_fraiser

cf_fraiser

k_tsoukalas

There's a blending of cultures and influences in Greece. I can adopt it as Greek if I desire.
You can but why would you? It's Turkish.

k_tsoukalas

How do you know for sure? Baklava is a Turkish word, as well. It's clearly a Greek dessert!
Baklava is actually a Mongolian word. Baklava is Arabic, and the Turks made it theirs in the mid 1600s

k_tsoukalas

How to Use Spoon Sweets?

I am about to make my first ever spoon sweet. Someone told me that there was a it of a ritual associated with it?

I went over someone's house once and they gave me some spoon sweets with some Greek coffee and water. I am kind of getting the feeling that this is a pretty typical experience?

Besides the ritual, how else are spoon sweets used? Can I eat them like jam?

Strapatsada (Greek eggs) questions

There is this Greek egg dish with tomato that I really like. I have had it both with fried eggs and scrambled eggs. I love both versions, but don' know how to make the dish and would love to learn. Most recipes I see are for the scrambled eggs version. Does anyone know how to make it with fried eggs?

Also, do people use fresh or canned tomatoes (like diced tomatoes). Sometimes I don't have access to delicious, fresh tomatoes.

"Greek-Style" Chicken Wings Question...

It is football playoff season and I want to eat wings! I thought I would try to mix it up and create a Greek style wings situation ... so I decided to use ladolemono (oil and lemon with garlic, oregano, salt, pepper, some onion). I marinate the wings in a bag overnight, then actually fired up the grill and cooked them.

They were delicious, but weren't crispy. I actually don't usually make wings, I buy them, so I have no idea how to make wings crispy. Other than that, they tasted amazing and I would do this again.

Can someone help me make fasolakia?

I recently had a mishap while making fasolakia. The beans all fell apart. I am assuming I overcooked the beans but I am not sure because I have cooked the dish this long in the past without issues.

What was different about this time is I decided to put potatoes in it to make it a bit heartier for winter. Should I have not done this? Maybe I really cooked it longer than I thought because of the potatoes?

Making Greek Fish Soup with the Heads?

I was just reminiscing in another thread about how my family would use the fish heads (less expensive at the fish market when they were immigrants) to make Greek Fish Soup. I don't remember how my family made it!

I don't remember if they maybe made the broth first, took out what meat the could from the fish, and then added there fish if they could find it?

Has anyone made fish soup using the heads of the fish?
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow Worldwide Greeks:
Facebook Twitter Instagram
TikTok Pinterest YouTube