1 - 2 of 2 Posts

blopez34

Greek bread is a staple to pretty much every meal and fresh Greek bread is loved by so many all over the world. It's so important to have fresh and high-quality bread, that's why this video is going to teach you how to make it at home. It might seem a little bit time-consuming, but it's very much worth it, especially if you don't live near a bakery that provides you with fresh bread.

k_tsoukalas

Very cool video, thank you for sharing! It is hard to describe how to make bread without the visuals. The visuals are very helpful.

What are your favorite Greek dishes?

Please drop some suggestions below! I’ve been wanting to try out some new dishes. I’m noticing that many taverns I’ve been visiting are serving the same things and I’d like to try something more unique. I love the classics (meze, souvlaki, moussaka etc.) but it’s time for some exploring!!

Have you ever tried Cypriot kolokotes (squash turnovers)

These turnovers are soooo good but a little hard to come by. They are made with squash and cinnamon and sugar. Some variations also have raisins and cloves. It really depends on your taste.

9439B0AD-CD5F-4358-BD7E-4E7EBFCAFD0D.jpeg

Seasoned goat wrapped in parchment paper

This dish is phenomenal! The goat is seasoned with thyme, rosemary, oregano, salt, and pepper and wrapped in parchment paper to keep all of the juices and seasoning inside the meat. I am not sure what the red berries are, but they didn’t have a very strong flavor. Of course, it is served with potatoes that are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. I finished the mail off with a great baklava. Cheers my friends!!

93E11D4A-A89C-425B-B7CD-47036AF5A91D.jpeg

Beautiful lamb shank and lavraki

This dinner was absolutely exquisite! It was a lovely roasted lamb shake, with small pieces of pasta. We also ordered a grilled lavraki which was one of the best I’ve ever had in my life. I just can’t get enough of Greek food, it’s always so fresh and cooked to perfection. Greetings from my holiday!

4E56A3F5-DF7F-4E6F-A638-4EF884F6BC87.jpeg

Loukoumades are the best shareable dessert

Loukoumades are Greek balls of fried dough covered in honey or syrup and cinnamon. Nowadays, there are many different variations and you can order these with Nutella, pistachio, and different sweets on top. Sometimes I like to get mine with ice cream as well. They’re perfect for sharing, and kids love them!
7D7AAAE2-F09F-4E5C-A1B1-C8DD3D9E82DF.jpeg
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter