1 - 2 of 2 Posts

efhernandez_

First, remove the tough outer leaves of the artichokes and cut off part of the stems. Cut off about 1 inch from the tips. Cut artichokes in half lengthwise and scoop out the choke. Drop into boiling salted water seasoned with the juice of one lemon and one tablespoon olive oil. You may also roast the artichokes in the oven as shown in the picture . Cook for 30 minutes or until tender. Serve with a dressing of 1/2 cup olive oil and 4 tablespoons lemon juice, which is about the juice of 1 lemon. This is a super simple recipe and its not like your typical "salad." A salad in Greece can just be marinated vegetables.

Artichokes-720x960.jpg

k_tsoukalas

I love artichokes, but it does take a bit to get the method down for making them. The hardest part is knowing how to clean the artichoke in order to grill or steam it. I also love them marinated!

Its grilling season!

I’m so excited! This is the first day that I’ve been able to get outside and start grilling. I made some chicken, pork chops, and beef tenderloin seasoned with lemon and oregano. Is anyone else grilling this summer? 😎

CBC9304B-37FF-4E92-B0AA-7D2A11D52FFB.jpeg

What desserts are served at Greek weddings?

Are there any desserts that are specific to Greek weddings? I’m going to a Greek wedding this summer and I would love to know waht tasty treats are on the menu so I know what to look forward to! 😋

How to spruce up your leftover keftedes!

I always find myself having leftover meatballs or keftedes need a bit of sprucing up the next day. What I like to do is make a tomato sauce with wine, and heat up the meatballs with the sauce so that they soak it up and don't stay dry. This is the recipe for the sauce

- sauté one onion and two garlic cloves with olive oil
- add half a jar of tomato paste
-add cumin, black pepper, ground clove and basil
-after all the spices have been cooked, add one cup of red wine
-once the wine is bubbling, add one jar of tomato sauce
-cook for about 20 minutes over medium heat

What are some of the easiest Greek recipes?

I'm looking for something super simple to make this weekend. I'm so tired from a long work week and I just want something healthy and of course Greek to snack on. Does anyone have some super simple and easy Greek recipes that I can make at home?

Strawberry covered ekmek kadaïfi

This dessert is one of the best I’ve ever made! It’s a simple ekmek kadaïfi recipe that I found from google and I topped it off with pistachios and strawberries. It tastes just as good as it tastes.
B688E5EE-1414-4CCB-9F1A-1B6D37621EAD.jpeg
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter