1 - 1 of 1 Posts

nm1999

This is one of those recipes that people either love or hate! Okra is super controversial but I personally love it. This is a traditional Greek recipe and has very simple ingredients: chicken, okra, tomato, onion, butter and spices. The first step you will need to take is cutting the ends off of the okra and washing it well with cold water. After that, you will need to sauté onions in a hot pan until they are soft and add tomato. Then, add any cut of chicken and your okra. Add in salt, pepper, one bay leaf, and cloves. Let the pot simmer on low heat for 45 minutes or until the chicken and the okra is tender. There you have it!

How to make homemade Greek yogurt

This process is straight out of a Greek village! Fresh Greek yogurt is so wonderful, and tastes nothing like what you get at the grocery store. The flavor is so rich, and the texture is so creamy. If you have the time and resources, I really suggest that you try this out.

How to make a gyro completely from scratch

Making gyros can be pretty simple… but also pretty complicated. If you're in the mood for a challenge, I recommend that you check out this video and try making all of the different parts of a gyro from scratch. This is what I like to do if I have a little extra time on my hands, and want to impress my family lol. Of course, ordering takeout is always a great option, especially if you're supporting a local Greek business.

Recipes using feta cheese!

These are the best recipes that you can make from feta cheese! You can also sprinkle feta cheese on pretty much anything, but I like to incorporate it into these :) I like to use Greek feta cheese brands like dodonis, it's a traditional Greek brand that they now sell in the US

1. Tiropita
2. Briam with feta cheese
3. Feta saganaki
4. Whipped feta cheese dip

Did you know that fresh mint can help cure nausea?

Greeks have been using herbs for medicinal purposes for generations, and these recipes and tips have been passed down from generation to generation. Greek spearmint or mint is one of the best ways to cure nausea and an upset stomach. Of course, if you have a serious medical illness you should seek the help of a doctor because mint is not a replacement for medical treatment. Next time you feel ill and nauseous, try adding mint to your herbal tea and see what happens!

Where to get the best gyros in Athens

Athens has some of the best street food in Greece! You can pretty much get great street food anywhere in Greece, but these are some of my best suggestions for the next time that you're in Athens. I recommend ordering a gyro pita with tzatziki, french fries, tomatoes, and onions! It's the classic gyro and you won't be disappointed.

- o Gyros Pou Gyrevis
- Tylixto Greek Wrap
- Just Pita
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter