1 - 2 of 2 Posts

nm1999

Keftedes are super easy to make, I usually make them in huge batches and then freeze them so I can eat them throughout the week, just pop them in the oven. This is ma favorite recipe, and I like to add whatever fresh herbs I have on hand.

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
These look so good! Greek meatballs (keftedes) are so great!

Here are some other Greek meatball recipes:

Greek organic farm wins two gold awards at the 'Great Taste Awards 2021' in London

What are your favorite toppings for Greek style pizza?

I like to put feta, olives and onions. What are some other great Greek pizza toppings??

What is your favorite Greek American dish?

I sometimes like when cultures clash....but it can also be a disaster ahahaha! What is your favorite twist on Greek classics? I must say I love lamb gyros from a good Greek diner, from what my Greek friends have told me, they don't eat lamb gyros in Greece

How to make Greek style chicken with peppers

This is sooooo good for when I like to switch it up sometimes

Add chicken, garlic, oregano, and white wine to a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for two hours. When the two hours are up, remove the chicken from the bowl and pat dry with paper towels.

Place a large, deep pan over a burner that has been set to medium-high heat and let set for about a minute or two. Add olive oil and brown a few pieces of the chicken on one side. This should take about 3 minutes. Flip the chicken and brown the other side. Work in batches until all the chicken is browned. Place the chicken on a plate and set aside.

Add onion to the pain and lower the heat to medium. Let the onion sautee for about five minutes, scraping the bottom of the pan to remove the brown bits as you do. Add the chicken back to the pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add the wine, parsley, bay leaf, chicken stock, roasted peppers, and tomatoes.

Cover the pan and let the mixture come to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for about 45 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked all the way through and tender.

This is what it looks like
Chicken-With-Peppers-720x480.jpg

How to make the best pasta flora

This is one of my favorite Greek desserts. Its not the most popular but its super loved. I found this recipe online but I don't remember where, thought. I would share though.

Ingredients: 3 cups flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1 cup unsalted butter or margarine, 1/3 cup sugar, 2 egg yolks, 2 tablespoons brandy, 1 tablespoon or grated lemon rind, 1 teaspoon vanilla or any flavor desired, 1 pound apricot or strawberry jam and Blanched almonds, if desired

Cream the butter with an electric mixer. Add the sugar and beat them together until the mixture is pale and fluffy.

To ensure that all the sugar is blended in, scrape the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula from time to time.

Add the egg yolks one by one. Then add the brandy and the flavoring.

Stop beating, and fold in the flour a little at a time, with a wooden spoon, blending it evenly into the mixture.

When the dough becomes too stiff to stir, mix the flour by hand until the dough is light and smooth. Avoid overworking the dough. This would strengthen the gluten, making the dough tough when baked.

On a floured surface, roll out 2/3 of the dough into a round and line it inside the greased pie plate.

Spread the jam over the dough.

Roll out the reserved dough to a thickness of 1/8 inch and cut it into strips 1/2 inch wide.

Lay them across the filling in lattice pattern.

Bake at 350 for 30-35 min!
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter