1 - 2 of 2 Posts

redsoxdw_

If you want to shed a few pounds, Greek food is an excellent option! The Medittarean diet has been proven to be one of the healthiest diets in the world. The diet focuses on limiting meat consumption and eating healthy vegetables and grains cooked in high quality olive oil. To make healthy Greek bowls, you need to start with a healthy grain such as brown rice or quinoa. To that, you can add grilled chicken breast that is marinated in lemon, oregano and olive oil. For greens, you can add spinach or mixed greens and then for toppings feta cheese, Kalamata olives, red onions and lemon-olive oil vinaigrette. Enjoy!

Reactions: Vangelis

k_tsoukalas

This looks so good! The Mediterranean/ Greek diet is so healthy. It's easy to make healthy food taste great when eating this way.

Beautiful lamb shank and lavraki

This dinner was absolutely exquisite! It was a lovely roasted lamb shake, with small pieces of pasta. We also ordered a grilled lavraki which was one of the best I’ve ever had in my life. I just can’t get enough of Greek food, it’s always so fresh and cooked to perfection. Greetings from my holiday!

4E56A3F5-DF7F-4E6F-A638-4EF884F6BC87.jpeg

Xoriatiki or village salad is the best!

This salad is a classic! It’s customary to order this at every single meal in Greece. It perfectly balanced the heavier meat and potato dishes. It’s always so good and I highly recommend that you order it. I just had this one, it’s a little more modern style but the flavors are the same. 😊
946D0E9B-7534-4C16-A034-22FE36ED191A.jpeg

Frappe by the beach 🤩

Greetings to all of my friends! I was just at the beach today enjoying a tasty frappe! Will continue to post about my trip! 😊

8D58A61B-BAD0-451D-9E55-1F86F6776AD0.jpeg

Famous Konstantinople yogurt kebab

This kebab is famous in Greece for its flavor and its roots in Konstantinople. It’s marinated in spices and tomatoes and then topped with a dollop of yogurt. It’s also usually served with pita bread and grilled veggies. It’s the best!

91467344-C233-4A2B-BA78-F90DF90268E1.jpeg

Have you ever tried shrimp dolmadakia?

Shrimp dolmadakia are a lesser known dish that is made locally in the Ionian islands. The flavor is very similar to those made with beef since they both use tomato sauce and aromatic herbs. The only difference is that there is a strong seafood taste, as they are cooked in a seafood broth. These ones here are made in an abstract shape and topped with lemon sauce. It’s a super unique dish that I definitely recommend you try if you ever see these on the menu.

5FD88351-B1D5-4DE5-97E8-A4BBE3992EF0.jpeg
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter