• 3 carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
  • 2 cups chopped greens, such as spinach, kale, or Swiss chard
  • 2 tomatoes, cut in half
  • 1 cup chopped, fresh green beans
  • 8 cups cold water
  • 2 tablespoons chopped, fresh parsley
  • Salt, to taste
  • Pepper, to taste
Pour the olive oil into a stock pot and set the heat to medium. Let it warm for a minute or two. Add the onions and cook for a few minutes until they just begin to soften. Pour in the white wine and let it cook for a minute or two until it begins to bubble. Add the celery, carrots, greens, tomatoes, green beans, water, fresh parsley, salt, and pepper. Cover the pot and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and let the broth simmer for an hour and a half. Strain the broth through a colander into a clean pot before using for your recipe.

eyeDef

hello, how can i solve this problem with this page showing? eyeg

greek_ggirl

What is more traditional? Dolmades (grape leaves) or lahanodolmades?

Is either of them more traditional? I would like to try making one of them this weekend :)

How do you make Greek style lobster?

Is lobster a popular dish in Greece? Is there a way to make Greek style lobster? Please let me know if you have any idea! :) Thanks

How do I make Greek lamb kabobs?

Does anyone have a good recipe for lamb kabobs? They look something like this:

Ground-Lamb-Kebabs-720x1079.jpg

How to make authentic Greek moussaka (Greeces national dish)

If you don't know how to make this dish then do you really love Greek cooking??? Just joking, let me know if you like this recipe :)

Pictures of the beautiful Mykonos

Mykonos is such a beautiful island, don't take it for granted just because it sometimes gets a bad reputation!! Post your Mykonos pics so we can see the true Mykonos
Mykonos-720x480.jpg
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter