1 - 4 of 4 Posts

acamp7

This is such a hearty dish that will be super great to make now that its getting a bit cold :) try it out and let me know what you think

ellinasgolfer0320

I love kotopita! My wife makes this a lot.

Reactions: nm1999

nm1999

I like this recipe, it uses mushrooms and spices so its a bit less traditional but still great

k_tsoukalas

This is a yummy dish - thank you for sharing the recipe! It is simple and easy to prepare, and makes for an excellent, light dinner.

Treat yourself or your loved ones to a Greek sweets basket!

Because of Covid, I haven't been seeing a lot of my friends and family and I haven't been able to celebrate with them for birthdays or the holidays. I thought that because so many of us are missing Greece and Greek food that it would be nice to get some of them a Greek sweets basket so they can remind themselves of the suites they ate growing up. Because this basket is bought online, you can deliver it to any address and really brighten someone's day. I hope you all enjoy it.

Greek steak, rice and salad!

This is one of my favorite meals! Marinated steak tips with lemon, garlic and olive oil with a pinch of salt and pepper. I made rice using wild rice with a chicken boullion cube for extra flavor. The salad is a super simple Greek style salad with lettuce and I added avocado for the extra nutrients. Stin igeia mas! 1B376B07-FFBB-421A-9F37-1868EF4B7E17.jpeg

There are more ways to make baklava than you think!

Many people think the traditional way to make baklava is with walnuts and syrup, although there are many different recipe variations from Greece and all over the world. One of my favourites is the Turkish version which is made with pistachios, and the syrup includes rosewater. There are also a few modern versions that include chocolate, like chocolate dipped baklava. Here is a recipe for covered baklava with pistachios!

These are the best loose leaf Greek herbal teas

Herbal teas can have many positive medicinal and health benefits, especially when dranken on a daily basis. Usually I like to buy loose tea, meaning the tea is not already in tea bags. This means that they are fresh and higher quality. Bagged teas tend to be more processed. Some of the best Greek herbal teas include...

1. Sage tea (this is the best for stomach problems)
2. Moutain tea (the most traditional Greek tea)
3. Fennel tea
4. Rosemary tea and oregano tea (I have never tried these personally but I have heard a lot about them and they have many health benefits)

Did you know that cheesecake is an Ancient Greek recipe?

This is a little known fact! Even though cheesecake in Ancient Greece is not like the New York cheesecake that we all know and eat today, the origins of cheesecake come from Ancient Greece. This actually makes total sense considering Greece has some of the best cheese and dairy from all around the world. Here is a recipe for Greek cheesecake. This recipe is super simple because it doesn't even need to be baked! Enjoy

Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter