1 - 4 of 4 Posts

acamp7

This is such a hearty dish that will be super great to make now that its getting a bit cold :) try it out and let me know what you think

ellinasgolfer0320

I love kotopita! My wife makes this a lot.

Reactions: nm1999

nm1999

I like this recipe, it uses mushrooms and spices so its a bit less traditional but still great

k_tsoukalas

This is a yummy dish - thank you for sharing the recipe! It is simple and easy to prepare, and makes for an excellent, light dinner.

There are more ways to make baklava than you think!

Many people think the traditional way to make baklava is with walnuts and syrup, although there are many different recipe variations from Greece and all over the world. One of my favourites is the Turkish version which is made with pistachios, and the syrup includes rosewater. There are also a few modern versions that include chocolate, like chocolate dipped baklava. Here is a recipe for covered baklava with pistachios!

This is how taramasalata is made!

Taramosalata is one of those dips that's a bit mystifying. Many people really don't know what's in it (caviar and bread mostly) but we all know that it tastes amazing! There are varying qualities, and depending on how expensive or local the taramasalata is, its going to have different consistencies and taste. I like to go with your standard Krinos taramasalata that I get at the Greek supermarket but you can even make your own if you want a much fresher taste.

How to make béchamel sauce! You can put this in anything

Bechamel sauce is a French sauce that is commonly used in Greek dishes like pastitsio, moussaka and papoutsakia. It is a rich, creamy sauce that pairs really well with ground meat sauce and pasta. You can use it for traditional Greek dishes, French dishes or even make up your own dish. One time when I had extra béchamel, I made some pasta and used it as a sauce with some sprinkled cheese. It was sooo good!

How to make dakos (Cretan salad)

This salad is one of the most unique salads hands down! The idea of using dry bread might seem a bit off putting but it tastes amazing when it gets juicy from the juice of the tomatoes and the salad. Imagine this salad as the best bits at the bottom of your xoriatiki salad that you dip bread in! Its truly a delight and totally worth making the trip to the Greek supermarket for.

How to make roasted branzino

Branzino is one of my favourite dishes ever! I like to go to the fish market and get the freshest fish possible and ask the fish mongers which fish has been caught most recently. If you don't have access to fresh fish, I recommend getting fish that is frozen fresh or getting wild caught fish. Farm raised is definitely the last choice. Anyways, check out this recipe!

Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter