• 1 to 2 cloves crushed garlic
  • 1 large, peeled and chopped tomato
  • 3/4 cup olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon vinegar
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Greek olives
  • Green peppers
All you need to do is roast the eggplant (preferably on a grill) and pulse the other ingredients in a blender or finely chop them. Enjoy!! Please let me know if you try this recipe

Melitzanosalata-Eggplant-Salad-Recipe-720x480.jpg

k_tsoukalas

I absolutely love this dish - I have head several versions of it and I have never cooked it. What I love is when the eggplant develops a smoky flavor in the dip.

Its grilling season!

I’m so excited! This is the first day that I’ve been able to get outside and start grilling. I made some chicken, pork chops, and beef tenderloin seasoned with lemon and oregano. Is anyone else grilling this summer? 😎

CBC9304B-37FF-4E92-B0AA-7D2A11D52FFB.jpeg

How long can you store phyllo in the freezer for?

I've been stocking up on phyllo from the Greek supermarket for quite some time… about six months in the freezer. How long will it stay fresh for? And when will I need to use it by? If anyone has advice I would really appreciate it.

What are your favorite Greek summer recipes?☀️

Now that summer is in full affect, I definitely want to start cooking some great Greek summer recipes! Does anyone have any Greek recipes that are perfect for summer, I'm looking for something light, fresh, and potentially made on the barbecue! If you're able to drop some recipe links, even better!

Soft and tender Greek lamb shank

I love making this tender lamb shank anytime I have a special occasion. While you can cook lamb shake in many different ways, I like to go sit in the oven just until the outside gets a nice darker color and some of the fat renders off. Of course, you should always serve this with either rice or potatos.

B72401EC-7AB7-44FB-8A89-6D27D4EBC3EC.jpeg

How to spruce up your leftover keftedes!

I always find myself having leftover meatballs or keftedes need a bit of sprucing up the next day. What I like to do is make a tomato sauce with wine, and heat up the meatballs with the sauce so that they soak it up and don't stay dry. This is the recipe for the sauce

- sauté one onion and two garlic cloves with olive oil
- add half a jar of tomato paste
-add cumin, black pepper, ground clove and basil
-after all the spices have been cooked, add one cup of red wine
-once the wine is bubbling, add one jar of tomato sauce
-cook for about 20 minutes over medium heat
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter