1 - 2 of 2 Posts

d_kakavouli

This is a super easy recipe! I usually make these during the winter time, since I always opt to eat fresh figs in the summer, especially if I'm in Greece. The first step is getting your hands on some high quality dried figs, you can find these at most speciality grocery stores and Greek/Middle Eastern supermarkets. Next, you will need to hollow out any of the fig flesh and set it aside in a bowl. Mix in chopped walnuts, cinnamon, clove, and nutmeg. Make sure that the mixture is can be formed into a ball, and if it can't, add a bit of honey. Scoop the mixture into the figs and close them with a toothpick if needed. Pop them into the oven and cook for about 10 minutes. Don't leave them in for too long or else they will be dried out. I like to serve them warm with ice cream! Enjoy :)

k_tsoukalas

This sounds so delicious!!! I can't wait to try it. Thanks for sharing.

What are your favorite Greek summer recipes?☀️

Now that summer is in full affect, I definitely want to start cooking some great Greek summer recipes! Does anyone have any Greek recipes that are perfect for summer, I'm looking for something light, fresh, and potentially made on the barbecue! If you're able to drop some recipe links, even better!

What is the best Greek food to sneak in vegetables for kids?

My kids absolutely hate eating vegetables and I am always looking for ways to sneak in more and more vegetables. Does anyone have good Greek dish recommendations that have vegetables that don't taste too strong? Or existing recipes where I can add small pieces of veggies? I would really appreciate it, I am not the best chef but I am trying to switch it up these days and keep things healthy!

Is it easy to eat gluten free in Greece?

My husband has a gluten allergy and it’s been pretty difficult traveling and eating gluten free. There have been many cases where people tell us that something is gluten free and it’s actually not, and he ends up having an allergic reaction. Is anyone gluten free and has traveled around Greece? How difficult was it and can you share a bit about your experience?

What should I put in my Greek seasoning blend?

I always love to make homemade seasoning blends because it’s so much cheaper and I can control exactly how much sodium is in the seasoning blend. I’ve seen many Greek blends online, but I wonder if you have any advice for some homemade blends. I’m sure that many will have oregano and black pepper, but I’m looking for some more suggestions. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

G is not only for Greece but Gastronomy— and gourmands:

Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter