1 - 2 of 2 Posts

d_kakavouli

Even though they were popularized in the United States, french fries are a staple of Greek cuisine. The Greeks do them much better than anyone else! Greek french fries are thick cut, and always made fresh to order. We don't use frozen fries and we always fry them in high quality oil. Here is how to make the best Greek fries

Reactions: Jawge

k_tsoukalas

These look so yummy. I love the fries in Greece!

Loukoumades are the best shareable dessert

Loukoumades are Greek balls of fried dough covered in honey or syrup and cinnamon. Nowadays, there are many different variations and you can order these with Nutella, pistachio, and different sweets on top. Sometimes I like to get mine with ice cream as well. They’re perfect for sharing, and kids love them!
7D7AAAE2-F09F-4E5C-A1B1-C8DD3D9E82DF.jpeg

Mushroom gyros are the best vegan option!

I just stumbled upon a great souvlaki restaurant that had mushrooms instead of meat! It's called Street Souvlaki (Κατάστημα Ακτή Μιαούλη) in Pireas, if you're passing by, definitely check it out. This is a great option for tourists that are vegan. You can also find recipes to make it at home, but it tasted so good that I imagine it might be hard to replicate. Here is a link to one that I think will taste the same.

The best Santorini white wines

Santorini is famous for its white wines. I'm not a huge wine person myself, but I always find myself reaching for Santorini wine when it's on the menu. There are so many different wines to choose from, and its really up to your own taste. I don't ever believe that the best wine is the most expensive. Here are a few wines that you should at least try!

Assyrtiko
Tselepos
Nychteri
Vinsado

What are your favorites?

Famous Konstantinople yogurt kebab

This kebab is famous in Greece for its flavor and its roots in Konstantinople. It’s marinated in spices and tomatoes and then topped with a dollop of yogurt. It’s also usually served with pita bread and grilled veggies. It’s the best!

91467344-C233-4A2B-BA78-F90DF90268E1.jpeg

Seasoned goat wrapped in parchment paper

This dish is phenomenal! The goat is seasoned with thyme, rosemary, oregano, salt, and pepper and wrapped in parchment paper to keep all of the juices and seasoning inside the meat. I am not sure what the red berries are, but they didn’t have a very strong flavor. Of course, it is served with potatoes that are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. I finished the mail off with a great baklava. Cheers my friends!!

93E11D4A-A89C-425B-B7CD-47036AF5A91D.jpeg
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter