1 - 2 of 2 Posts

d_kakavouli

Even though they were popularized in the United States, french fries are a staple of Greek cuisine. The Greeks do them much better than anyone else! Greek french fries are thick cut, and always made fresh to order. We don't use frozen fries and we always fry them in high quality oil. Here is how to make the best Greek fries

Reactions: Jawge

k_tsoukalas

These look so yummy. I love the fries in Greece!

Frappe by the beach 🤩

Greetings to all of my friends! I was just at the beach today enjoying a tasty frappe! Will continue to post about my trip! 😊

8D58A61B-BAD0-451D-9E55-1F86F6776AD0.jpeg

Favorite Easy Spanakopita Recipe?

My family loves spanakopita, and I have never made it before. I want to surprise them. Does anyone have a good recipe to share? I was thinking of following this one, but I am not sure:

Shrimp pasta is a Greek classic

This dish might technically not be Greek, but it is loved by Greeks around the country and served at almost every Greek restaurant. The pasta is cooked in a seafood broth and the sauce is a mixture of tomato sauce and cream. The dishes topped with lovely Parmesan cheese!! 😊 One of my favorites.

F03E2C6E-1C85-47A8-92BE-030DBF4D6C04.jpeg

Beautiful lamb shank and lavraki

This dinner was absolutely exquisite! It was a lovely roasted lamb shake, with small pieces of pasta. We also ordered a grilled lavraki which was one of the best I’ve ever had in my life. I just can’t get enough of Greek food, it’s always so fresh and cooked to perfection. Greetings from my holiday!

4E56A3F5-DF7F-4E6F-A638-4EF884F6BC87.jpeg

What are your favorite Greek dishes?

Please drop some suggestions below! I’ve been wanting to try out some new dishes. I’m noticing that many taverns I’ve been visiting are serving the same things and I’d like to try something more unique. I love the classics (meze, souvlaki, moussaka etc.) but it’s time for some exploring!!
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter