1 - 2 of 2 Posts

d_kakavouli

Santorini fava is a classic staple in Santorini cuisine, and it has spread all over Greece. The dish is very simple to make, and taste even better when you use high-quality ingredients like Greek olive oil. It is a very budget friendly meal, and can stay in the fridge for a few days without going bad. It can get a bit dry so I suggest squeezing some lemon and adding a bit more olive oil if you're going to eat it over the course of a few days. Here is how you make it:

Reactions: Laura48

k_tsoukalas

Santorini fava is a classic staple in Santorini cuisine, and it has spread all over Greece. The dish is very simple to make, and taste even better when you use high-quality ingredients like Greek olive oil. It is a very budget friendly meal, and can stay in the fridge for a few days without going bad. It can get a bit dry so I suggest squeezing some lemon and adding a bit more olive oil if you're going to eat it over the course of a few days. Here is how you make it:

This is one of my favorite dishes in greek cuisine. It is so simple and delicious!

Beautiful lamb shank and lavraki

This dinner was absolutely exquisite! It was a lovely roasted lamb shake, with small pieces of pasta. We also ordered a grilled lavraki which was one of the best I’ve ever had in my life. I just can’t get enough of Greek food, it’s always so fresh and cooked to perfection. Greetings from my holiday!

4E56A3F5-DF7F-4E6F-A638-4EF884F6BC87.jpeg

Favorite Easy Spanakopita Recipe?

My family loves spanakopita, and I have never made it before. I want to surprise them. Does anyone have a good recipe to share? I was thinking of following this one, but I am not sure:

Greek dessert recommendations

Greece has some of the best desserts! You can find anything from French, Italian and Greek pastries at most bakeries and pastry shops. If you’re traveling there, I suggest you try a selection of some of the most popular and loved sweets. In my personal opinion, the best desserts you can get are profiterol, mille-feuille, baklava, pagotinia (little ice creams), and ekmek kadaifi. I personally like desserts with cream that are a little less sweet. You can find many desserts that have syrup (siropiasta) but they all have the same feel to baklava, so I suggest trying that first.

43089506-B613-4FA2-99B0-F69A11FB80DC.jpeg

Have you ever tried Cypriot kolokotes (squash turnovers)

These turnovers are soooo good but a little hard to come by. They are made with squash and cinnamon and sugar. Some variations also have raisins and cloves. It really depends on your taste.

9439B0AD-CD5F-4358-BD7E-4E7EBFCAFD0D.jpeg

The best Santorini white wines

Santorini is famous for its white wines. I'm not a huge wine person myself, but I always find myself reaching for Santorini wine when it's on the menu. There are so many different wines to choose from, and its really up to your own taste. I don't ever believe that the best wine is the most expensive. Here are a few wines that you should at least try!

Assyrtiko
Tselepos
Nychteri
Vinsado

What are your favorites?
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter