1 - 2 of 2 Posts

knicks_fan87

These are a unique version of the classic koulourakia! They are shaped in a unique curly circle with sesame seeds on top to add a pop of savoy flavor. Have any of you tried making these type of Koulourakia before or know what region of Greece they come from?

Reactions: Hash

k_tsoukalas

Oh wow! These look delicious. The dough is similar to how I make koulourakia but I don't make this shape, and I don't tend to use sesame seeds (allergy in my family).

What desserts are served at Greek weddings?

Are there any desserts that are specific to Greek weddings? I’m going to a Greek wedding this summer and I would love to know waht tasty treats are on the menu so I know what to look forward to! 😋

How to make thick and creamy Santorini fava!

Santorini fava is a classic staple in Santorini cuisine, and it has spread all over Greece. The dish is very simple to make, and taste even better when you use high-quality ingredients like Greek olive oil. It is a very budget friendly meal, and can stay in the fridge for a few days without going bad. It can get a bit dry so I suggest squeezing some lemon and adding a bit more olive oil if you're going to eat it over the course of a few days. Here is how you make it:

What are some of the easiest Greek recipes?

I'm looking for something super simple to make this weekend. I'm so tired from a long work week and I just want something healthy and of course Greek to snack on. Does anyone have some super simple and easy Greek recipes that I can make at home?

How to make juicy Greek style lamb burgers!

This is one of my own creations that is so tasty! I'm not really the type to measure, so please take my advice with a grain of salt and use whatever measurements you feel comfortable with or that you find online. I like to make my lamb burgers with lean ground lamb meat. I find that lamb meat is pretty fatty and stays moist and doesn't need to have a high percentage of fat. I season the meat with salt, pepper, oregano, and rosemary. As an extra plus, I like to stuff the burgers with feta cheese or halloumi. The key here is not to overcook them because the meat will dry up and so will the cheese. For toppings, you can pretty much add whatever you like, I like sautéed onions and red peppers.

How to choose a fresh fish at the fish market!

Choosing a fresh fish is going to be key for your dish and for your health. I don't usually go to the fish market when I'm home, but when I'm on vacation, and especially in Greece, I love going to the market to get fresh fish from local fishermen. If you don't know how to pick fresh fish, here is a great tutorial on how!

Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter