1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Is this even a Greek tradition? LOL I've been told a Greek breakfast is frappe and a cigarette, because I quit smoking long ago, I stick with the frappe now a days. What do you guys have for breakfast in Greece? Cheers

Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 1.37.12 AM.png

Reactions: Hash and lalajess

lalajess

Is this even a Greek tradition? LOL I've been told a Greek breakfast is frappe and a cigarette, because I quit smoking long ago, I stick with the frappe now a days. What do you guys have for breakfast in Greece? Cheers

View attachment 614
This looks like a fabulous breakfast to me! It depends on my mood, but I love a bit of feta cheese, fruit, and a small (but strong) cup of Greek coffee.

Reactions: dubai_suzie

dubai_suzie

This looks like a fabulous breakfast to me! It depends on my mood, but I love a bit of feta cheese, fruit, and a small (but strong) cup of Greek coffee.
I wish I could stomach Greek coffee! Anything with feta cheese is great, I like to eat 2 fried eggs with a bit of tomato and feta cheese :)

Reactions: Hash

lalajess

I wish I could stomach Greek coffee! Anything with feta cheese is great, I like to eat 2 fried eggs with a bit of tomato and feta cheese :)
That sounds delicious! I love feta cheese too, and it goes great with fried eggs! That's the perfect breakfast.

paharo45

That sounds delicious! I love feta cheese too, and it goes great with fried eggs! That's the perfect breakfast.
Eggs with French fries and feta cheese is amazzzinggg :) I like to make them omelette style and mix them up altogether

Reactions: Hash

k_tsoukalas

I have had this for breakfast many a morning in Greece especially when it's to out! A bit of fruit and feta cheese would round the experience out nicely for me.

lalajess

I have had this for breakfast many a morning in Greece especially when it's to out! A bit of fruit and feta cheese would round the experience out nicely for me.
That sounds delicious! There's nothing like fresh fruit and a frappe to get me going in the morning on a hot day!

This is what a Greek Pontian wedding precession looks like!

I love seeing all of the different cultural traditions that exist in Greece! So beautiful

What lighting a candle means at a Greek church

In Greek church, we light candles and make a prayer. Its one of my favourite traditions. Candles are usually at the front of the church and you usually add a few coins or dollars in the box besides the candles to "pay" for the candles.

holy-thursday-720x480.jpg

Check out Pentozali, the traditional dance of Crete

Pentozali is such a unique and beautiful dance. It is very traditional, and requires a decent amount of skill (especially if you want to do the tricks that you see in the video)

Enjoy!

Sunday’s Greek song: prodigious Greek Roma performer Kostas Hatzis and grand dame Marinella sing about love & how in its light everything is pure & true to the lyrics of Sotia Tsotou off the 1976 live album “Recital"

Words that are difficult to translate from Greek to English

Φιλοξενία – Filoksenia: This is the idea of being generous and offering friendship (in a loving way) to a stranger or foreigner. This word does not exist in most other languages and is a big part of Greek Culture and expression.

Για πάρτη μου – Ya Parti Mou: Technically this phrase means “for me” and it is used to mean “treating yourself” well.

Φιλότιμο – Filotimo: This means honor and truth and friendship, and loyalty to one another.
Share and discuss Greek traditions related to Greek weddings, christenings, dance & holidays!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter