1 - 8 of 8 Posts

knicks_fan87

How do you get around other than taxi?? Please help!!

Reactions: Hash

Lotjeurope

There are enough busses to get around and there are also taxi's available. And you can rent a car or a bike to get around or book an island tour or a boat trip.

Reactions: Hash and seleanor

seleanor

There are enough busses to get around and there are also taxi's available. And you can rent a car or a bike to get around or book an island tour or a boat trip.
Do the busses run on schedule?

Reactions: Hash

Lotjeurope

kosta_karapinotis

Lotjeurope

Reactions: cf_fraiser

k_tsoukalas

Is it worth staying at a beachfront hotel in Santorini?

One of the most common things I've heard about Santorini is that it is great for sightseeing and walking around but it is not that great for beaches and swimming. I've heard that the beaches are also hard to get to and are usually at the bottom of a cliff...that being said, does it make sense to get a beachfront hotel in Santorini? Is it true that the beaches aren't that great? Im wondering how much of my time I will actually spend at the beach. Looking forward to replies...thanks!

The best foods to try while in Santorini

Santorini is a great place for foodies and those seeking to have the best gastronomic and culinary experiences in Greece. Santorini has very unique dishes that you won't find in other areas of Greece and the Cyclades. Some of my favorites are fava, domatokeftedes, kopania, and chloritiri cheese. You may not find all of these at every single restaurant, but it's definitely worth seeking them out while you're here.

Donkey rides through Santorini

This is one of the main tourist attractions on the island! You can take a donkey all the way up or all the way down this long and twisty ledge. This is how the original islanders used to do it in the old days, and still do now!

The best zeibekiko danced on Santorini island

This Zeibekiko was danced with so much passion! Bravo! I miss wandering the streets of Greece and stumbling upon a group of talented musicians and dancers. This is what truly makes Greece so beautiful, and especially the fact that they are able to share it with the world. The song is called Zeibekiko tis Eudokias for those who are wondering, it is one of the most famous zeibekiko songs.

What do you recommend for a three day trip to Santorini?

I'm thinking of only visiting Santorini for three days. My friends are a big history lovers and they want to spend most of our trip to Greece in Athens. But I convinced them that there's no way we're visiting Greece without visiting Santorini. So we decided on just three days, what are the must see things to do on the island? Any advice is much appreciated.
Share and discuss Santorini photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter