1 - 2 of 2 Posts

paharo45

I can't say enough about how much I loved visiting cape columbo! I love unorganized beaches because im so sick of the music they play at these beaches, I want some peace and quiet! And the water is super warm which is great for the off season. Have any of you been? What did you think?

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Cape Columbo in Santorini is a just magical place to visit!

Here is a bit more information about Cape Columbo:

What are your recommendations for Santorini?

I'm going to be going to Santorini for a couple of days after a small trip to Athens this summer. I've never been before and I really don't know where to start. I'm going to be travelling alone and looking to see the size and pretty much anything that Santorini has to offer. I'm not too picky when it comes to hotels and restaurants, so any advice that you have from your first hand experiences would be great. Also, if there are any extremely touristy areas that I need to avoid during certain times, please let me know.

Where to explore the history of Santorini

Santorini has such a deep and rich history that definitely should be explored on your next trip to the island. The Ancient Byzantine Castle is one of the best places to start your exploration of the history of the island. The Byzantine Empire played one of the most influential roles in the culture in history of ancient Greece. The empire was led by Christian rulers, who spread the Greek orthodox religion throughout the country. You can also visit the Akrotiri Archaeological Site which shows ruins from the bronze age, dating back to 1600 BC. Safe travels!

Has anyone taken a cruise to Santorini?

I've always considered whether it's a good idea to take a cruise around the islands, or just visit them myself. Has anyone taken a cruise around Santorini and the neighbouring islands? I don't know the pros and cons and whether it's a good value. I'm looking for someone with personal experience who can share a bit about their trip. If you have any specific companies that would also be great. Thank you in advance.

Visit the Symposium Cultural Center in Santorini

The Symposium Cultural Center is a fantastic place to go to when youre visiting the island. You will have access to everything from Greek food, art, history and culture through exhibitions and workshops. If you like hands on activities, I highly recommend that you sign up for a workshops with your friends or family when you visit. It is a great bonding activity and a nice way to experience all that Santorini has to offer. Here is the website and some links

https://www.symposionsantorini.com

These are the top two foods to try in Santorini!

Santorini has some of the best sunsets, but also some of the best food! The island has so many fantastic restaurants, many of which are taking a modern twist on traditional Greek cuisine. Two of the must try foods that are local dishes in Santorini are domatokeftedes (tomato fritters) and fava. Here are pictures of both dishes!

Share and discuss Santorini photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter