1 - 5 of 5 Posts

nadellii

I was really craving pastitsio yesterday and I didn’t have time to go all the way to Greek town after work to grab pastitsio pasta like I would usually prefer. I thought, would it taste just as good with lasagna noodles from the supermarket near my house? I tested my theory and it totally worked!! I would recommend it to anyone who doesn’t have access to a Greek supermarket!

49033CD9-2161-480D-8D53-BD65BF7AB99A.jpeg

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
OMG!!! WOWWW!!! This looks so amazing!!! 🇬🇷 🇬🇷 🇬🇷

Hash

I was really craving pastitsio yesterday and I didn’t have time to go all the way to Greek town after work to grab pastitsio pasta like I would usually prefer. I thought, would it taste just as good with lasagna noodles from the supermarket near my house? I tested my theory and it totally worked!! I would recommend it to anyone who doesn’t have access to a Greek supermarket!

View attachment 899
Looks delicious!!, hope you had some krassi with it!♥️.... Good day from Thailand....all these dishes with cheese etc don't taste nice at all for me in Thailand, except aubergines in oven with tomatoes and olive oil!...or Melitzanosalada....

k_tsoukalas

This looks delicious. How do you make your krema? I am going through a bit of crisis with mine - for some reason I can't get it to brown!

Reactions: Hash

Hash

This looks delicious. How do you make your krema? I am going through a bit of crisis with mine - for some reason I can't get it to brown!
Good.... after you come out of your crisis... could you please send a large portion for me to try and I will give my opinion?!🍷😂🤗😁

G is not only for Greece but Gastronomy— and gourmands:

What desserts are served at Greek weddings?

Are there any desserts that are specific to Greek weddings? I’m going to a Greek wedding this summer and I would love to know waht tasty treats are on the menu so I know what to look forward to! 😋

Soft and tender Greek lamb shank

I love making this tender lamb shank anytime I have a special occasion. While you can cook lamb shake in many different ways, I like to go sit in the oven just until the outside gets a nice darker color and some of the fat renders off. Of course, you should always serve this with either rice or potatos.

B72401EC-7AB7-44FB-8A89-6D27D4EBC3EC.jpeg

How long can you store phyllo in the freezer for?

I've been stocking up on phyllo from the Greek supermarket for quite some time… about six months in the freezer. How long will it stay fresh for? And when will I need to use it by? If anyone has advice I would really appreciate it.

What is the best Greek food to sneak in vegetables for kids?

My kids absolutely hate eating vegetables and I am always looking for ways to sneak in more and more vegetables. Does anyone have good Greek dish recommendations that have vegetables that don't taste too strong? Or existing recipes where I can add small pieces of veggies? I would really appreciate it, I am not the best chef but I am trying to switch it up these days and keep things healthy!
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter