1 - 3 of 3 Posts

dubai_suzie

This museum was established by a resident of Sami named Sotiris Marketos who is a sailor’s son loved building ships and. the sea. He worked in the shipping industry for many years and felt that the island needed a nautical museum!! The museum is housed in the former primary school of Fiscardo and it was renovated into the beautiful museum that it is today. Check it out next time you visit, I highly recommend it.

Nautical Museum of Sami Kefalonia - Museum Sami Kefalonia ...https://nmsamis.gr
Nautical Museum in Kefalonia, Greece | Greekahttps://www.greeka.com › ... › Nautical Museum

Reactions: kef_john68

kef_john68

This is one thing I didn't end up having time for when I was on Kefalonia. It looks interesting!

k_tsoukalas

Such a great nautical history through Greece. This museum does a great job giving an overview.

Visit the Nautical Museum in Kefalonia!

The Nautical Museum of Sami in Kefalonia was established by a resident of Sami named Sotiris Marketos who is a sailor’s son who developed a fascination for shipbuilding and the sea. He would go on the serve the Greek shipping industry for over three decades. He was concerned that his naval town didn’t have a nautical museum and decided to create one. You can learn about shipbuilding, the different types of vessels, the environment, and creatures of the area. View wooden models of vessels that span the course of 3,500 years. These vessels are made by Sortiris Marketos himself.

Kefalonia has a brand new and sustainable wind farm!

I am so happy the Greece is becoming more sustainable because we deserve it! There is so much great innovation that is coming out of Greece like this new wind farm in Kefalonia! It reminds me of the classic wind mills that I have seen in Mykonos and all over Greece. It is great that Greece is taking advantage of its natural resources like solar power and wind power and I am curious to see how this expands into tourism options like eco-tourism that I see becoming popular in other countries.

Melissani cave is to die for

This cave is just so stunning, I have visit ASAP!

Melissani-Cave-720x480.jpg

I visited Gentilini winery in Kefalonia and it was amazing!

Gentilini is a really small family winery on the island that has a great selection of wines. I went on the tour and was able to see where all of the wines were made. Tours start in Easter and end in October, highly recommend to anyone visiting Kefalonia during those months.

Is Kefalonia expensive in comparison to other Greek islands?

What are the prices like of hotels, food, and experiences? Is it affordable?
Share and discuss your Kefalonia photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter