1 - 8 of 8 Posts

blopez34

Kolymbia is a popular resort village by the beach that has many luxe hotels, beaches and spas. If you're looking to relax, I suggest you come here!!

Tpebop

Sorry but Kolymbia is NOT by the beach.From most hotels its a long walk to a beach. Just for your information Kolymbia has more than one beach.

blopez34

Tpebop

yes that is kolymbia.As I said , the beaches of kolymbia are a long walk from most hotels.

tomipark

yes that is kolymbia.As I said , the beaches of kolymbia are a long walk from most hotels.
Where are most of the hotels and resorts? Are there any by beaches?

Tpebop

On the west side @ ixia, but it is windy that side of the island.
On the east side Faliraki

Reactions: tomipark

tomipark

k_tsoukalas

Sorry but Kolymbia is NOT by the beach.From most hotels its a long walk to a beach. Just for your information Kolymbia has more than one beach.
Just because the beaches are a "far walk" doesn't mean a town or village can't be considered "by the beach". So take a taxi maybe if one can't walk?

Here are some reviews - the original poster is right - the reviews make it sound like everything is much closer together than they are:

I know what you mean, though, when a place is called a "resort town", we tend to have this idea in our minds that everything is closer together. Thank you for letting the community know what to expect!

The city of Rhodes is about to have some major changes

I am very happy to see that Greece is investing in preserving its architecture and mediaeval cities. Rhodes has so much beauty, that I would hate to see it go away overtime because of environmental or other damages and erosion. Their plan is to create three main sectors of the city which will be the monumental, residential, and commercial areas. I'm very curious to see how this project will turn out and how the funds will be allocated. Have you heard anything about this?

Seven Springs in Rhodes is a great place for couples!

This is one of the most beautiful natural places on the island of Rhodes. In English, it's called Seven Springs, but in Greek it's called Epta Piges. These are natural springs that are open to the public. It is a particularly romantic place and great for couples, especially those on honeymoons. The springs are located in the woods, and have amazing scenery. It's the perfect place for a picnic and to spend the afternoon. I highly recommend that everyone visit!

Welcome to Pefkos, Rhodes

Pefkos is an absolutely amazing destination to go to on the island! It has a great beach and wonderful restaurants and coffee shops in the area. The beach is not overcrowded and I personally think its a great place to go with family and kids. There aren't too many organized activities on the beach but it is great for swimming. Here is a great areal view of the beach.

Take a day trip to Symi island from Rhodes

Taking a day trip is the easiest way to see many of the islands in Greece. Symi is a pretty small island, so I don't recommend spending many days there. What you can do is take a short ferry to the island and spend it walking around, exploring and heading to the beach. If you're lucky, you'll be able to check out the annual music festival which features artists from around Greece.

Ferry service resumes between Turkish destinations and Rhodes!

For those of you that are traveling to Turkey from Greece using the ferry or vice versa, you are in luck! The ferry services are being re introduced which is great news especially for those that are traveling on a budget. The ferries were close down because of covid and have been closed for some time. Every Friday and Sunday there is a 45 minute boat ride from Fethiye, Turkey to Rhodes. This is such a quick trip and will definitely be cheaper than taking most flights! Has anyone taken this route? Unfortunately I have not and cannot provide tips from personal experience.
Share and discuss your Rhodes photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter