1 - 4 of 4 Posts

xmelissaa

I always recommend Hydra island for those that are looking for a quiet and romantic getaway. The island is very close to Athens, and very accessible by ferry boat. There are no cars allowed on the island, so it is pretty peaceful and calm. You can find mostly restaurants and stores on the island, many of which have beautiful outdoor seating and twinkly lights in the night time. I don't really recommend the beaches here, I've seen way better on other islands. It's a great place for a day trip, and some evening dinner plans.

Reactions: Jawge

Jawge

I always recommend Hydra island for those that are looking for a quiet and romantic getaway. The island is very close to Athens, and very accessible by ferry boat. There are no cars allowed on the island, so it is pretty peaceful and calm. You can find mostly restaurants and stores on the island, many of which have beautiful outdoor seating and twinkly lights in the night time. I don't really recommend the beaches here, I've seen way better on other islands. It's a great place for a day trip, and some evening dinner plans.
It is a beautiful island to visit.

Reactions: nm1999

nm1999

I love Hydra :) It's so convenient for a day trip

k_tsoukalas

I have hard great things about Hydra. I've seen photos of donkeys carrying luggage to hotels. So cool! It must feel nice to be somewhere without vehicles, it must feel very relaxing.

How to book ferries in advance

If you’re going to be island hopping in Greece, I highly recommend that you book tickets in advance online when you know your itinerary. This is especially important if you’re traveling with a car. Of course you can buy them of the day of, but if you want to be sure that you’re going to get a spot, you should get yours online. The two best websites to use are ferryscanner.com and ferryhopper.com. The one thing that you have to make sure of is to check in online 24 hours before the ferry is scheduled to date. This will ensure that you were able to download war tickets and travel. Best of luck!

How to rent motorcycles and atvs in Greece

Of course, the process is going to be different depending on where you are in Greece, but for the most part the rules are the same. You will need an unexpired drivers license to rent an ATV. Some websites will say that you need an international drivers license, but I've never been asked for one. If you want to rent a motorcycle, you will need a motorcycle license. You might be able to get by if you let the people know that your experience, but I highly recommend that you bring yours. It's as simple as that!

Check out this stunning port near Piraeus

Right next to Piraeus is Port Alimos which houses smaller sailboats and yachts. The area has a beautiful cafe that overlooks the water called Día Noche where many sea goers stop and lunch before and after their trips. If you’re interested in taking a trip around the mainland or to neighboring islands I highly recommend you get in contact with someone from the port.

9C101161-3815-40F0-88B0-E2F8FA97F56B.jpeg

August 2022 Music and Cultural Festivals in Greece !

Post your Greece pictures! 😍

It's almost the end of the summer so I thought why not make a special place for all of us to share our pics! I was so grateful to visit again this year...man Greece just keeps getting better and better. I would love to see your pics. I'll be uploading from my phone soon!
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter