1 - 1 of 1 Posts

Hash

Unique Photo Spots in Athens?

I will be traveling to Athens this year in the spring. What are some great photo spots throughout the city? Aside from what inspires me?

I have a bad habit of forgetting to take pics while away and I come back from the vacation with a random collection. This time, I want to do some advanced planning. Some of my ideas:

- Parthenon/ Acropolis - A shot with people and the Parthenon in the background
- Food photos - plenty of shots with people - and table shots - and of myself - eating the delicious food
- Monastiraki - This place is full of life - there could be some great candid shots

Do you guys have any ideas?

Best Shopping in Athens

My wife and I are going to Greece in a few days. We both like to shop (her more than me) but we've never actually had enough time in Athens to explore the shopping.

Where should we go?

Someone told us Monastiraki is a good choice, but are there other places? We'll have a few days to poke around.

Taking the Ferry to Mykonos?

I am planning a trip for Greece next year to Greece. I usually fly into Athens and then fly into a place like Santorini or Mykonos from there.

I plan to go to Mykonos next summer and I am kind of sick of flying.

Is the ferry situation easy from Piraeus? Is this a better option than airplanes?

Someone told me I could wait until the last minute and buy the tickets that day, but I am not sure I feel comfortable with that...

Athens Nightlife Questions

I'm currently planning a trip to Athens, Greece, and I've heard so much about the nightlife there. I know that there is great nightlife here, I've just never done it.

Given the vast array of options, I'm reaching out to this community for personal recommendations and insights. What are your favorite nightlife spots in Athens? I'm interested in hearing about places that offer unique experiences, whether it's a bar, club, etc.

If you've had an unforgettable night out in Athens, please share:
  • Name of the place
  • What makes it stand out (music, drinks, crowd, view, etc.)
  • Any tips for newcomers (like dress code)
Also, if there are any must-know cultural etiquettes or tips for enjoying Athens' nightlife responsibly, I'd appreciate learning about those as well.

Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences!

Visiting the Cycladic Museum

Though I will be in Mykonos for a while when I come to Greece (soon!) I will have some time in Athens.

I will be tied up with wedding festivities on Mykonos, but I will have some time. So, I want to learn about the history and culture of the island. I know there has to be more to it there than all the parties and the beach scene.

I plan to visit the Cycladic Museum in Athens to get ready. Is there anything I should keep in mind while I explore the museum?
Share and discuss your Athens photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back