1 - 4 of 4 Posts

greggd12

I live in a Greek neighborhood and so many of my Greek friends are always talking about “Greek time,” and how things are never on time in Greece. What does this mean? And is it even true?

Joni T.

I live in a Greek neighborhood and so many of my Greek friends are always talking about “Greek time,” and how things are never on time in Greece. What does this mean? And is it even true?
Absolutely!!! When we were on a ferry from Athens to Crete, supper was supposed to start at 8PM . When we got in line, there was actually a sign that said they opened at 8PM Greek Time. Guess what? We were NOT let in at 8, we had to wait! I honestly wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it myself!

cf_fraiser

From what i've noticed, it's a little bit true. Greek life is more relaxed and laid back, I love it!

Reactions: RikFR

mastichas09

Ahahaha that’s pretty funny. It can be a stereotype, but it also can be pretty true. There's not a huge sense of urgency in Greece like in many western countries, we do like to enjoy life and take things slow. And when you combine that mindset with low funding or poor infrastructure… yes, many things don't get done on time.

Reactions: RikFR

Do you have any car rental tips for Greece?

Hi guys! I'll be renting a car to travel around Greece and take road trips with the fam. Is there anything specific about renting cars in Greece that I should know about? Thanks :)

Travel tips to Zakynthos besides Navagio?

Does anyone have any travel advice about Zakynthos? I want to do some unique stuff besides Navaigo beach

What are the most useful Greek phrases while traveling?

Hey everyone, I just moved to Greece and I'm trying to learn as much Greek as possible. A lot of my friends aren't Greek though, so it's hard to keep up. I am planning on taking a few vacations to the islands in the summer...what are some phrases that I should know and use while traveling?

How should I dress for my vacation to Greece?

Hey everyone, is there anything I should know about dressing and clothing expectations (as a woman) in Greece? Should I dress modestly or is Greece just as casual as the U.S.?

Where is the safest place to travel in Greece?

I've been wanting to visit Greece for so long, but I'm a bit paranoid of traveling since I don't go very often. What's the safest place to visit in Greece? I'm scared of being robbed and stolen from in very touristy areas.

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter