1 - 4 of 4 Posts
I've heard a lot about this restaurant, has anyone ever been? Is it any good?

Tpebop

The hotel gets terrible reviews on Trip Advisor.Many comments about the food

francescool

k_tsoukalas

I have never eaten here. On Rhodes, the only time I was here was during a cruise port of call and I never stayed overnight. I do know that people need to take reviews with a grain of salt haha. Sometimes the reviewers are unfair.

Why you should visit Ancient Kamiros in Rhodes

Kamiros is a beautiful archeological site that is about 50km from Rhodes Town. I recommend driving there for sure, its always easiest. This town used to be one of the main cities in Rhodes and it was abandoned after it was damaged by an earthquake. I highly suggest visiting if you love history!!

ancient-kamiros-rhodes-900x504.jpg

Visit the Lindos Acropolis in Rhodes (Greeces second best Acropolis)!

Many people don't know that there is more than on acropolis!! This one is Rhodes has historical roots from the Ancient Greeks, Byzantines, Knights of Saint John, Turkish, and more. Some parts of the archaeological site are from as early as 300 B.C. when it was an important Doric temple. Now, it is one of the most famous archaeological sites on the island!!

Acropolis-of-Lindos-720x408.jpg

Typical dishes from the island of Greece!

These are some of Rhodes' most traditional dishes!

Did you know that the Italian influence in Rhodes is HUGE!

Many people don't know that Rhodes' Italian influence is pretty recent and not from Roman times. The last time Italians set foot in Rhodes was in 1943 after World War 1. It was only until 1947 that Greek became a part of the modern Greek state. Italians really contributed to the development of the island and to the culture and architecture. This is one of the reasons why Rhodes is so unique and has a pretty different vibe than some of the other islands.

Another earthquake hits waters near the island of Rhodes

Another earthquake hit the waters near island of Rhodes this week, it was pretty small and there aren't any damages or losses on the island itself. Many of the islands suffer pretty frequent earthquakes because of their proximity to volcanic and tectonic plates. The island is prepared for this and takes many precautionary measures. The earthquake was 4.5 magnitude which would usually cause slight damage to buildings but gladly it was in the water.
Share and discuss your Rhodes photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter