1 - 4 of 4 Posts

auroracoor1

Has anyone climbed Mount Ainos? I would love to take on the challenge but I'm a little out of shape LOL. How difficult is it?

mount-ainos-kefalonia-720x480.jpg

Reactions: ssherie_

d_kakavouli

You're in luck! You can drive some of the way and walk the rest because there is a highway that passes through the mountain. So you only have to walk as much as you want.

ssherie_

Short answer: yes! I wouldn't recommend it if you're not used to difficult hikes

k_tsoukalas

Hiking in Greece is challenging - often a lot more challenging than it would first appear. The main issue is fluid intake. The climate is so dry, you need A LOT more water than you think. Hikers are often unprepared and need to be rescued. I would say, unless you have a lot of technical experience hiking in different conditions and know how to be fully prepared for a hike, I wouldn't do it. However, it sounds like there are options to make this hike easier, which sound like they're worth exploring.

Have you been to De Bosset Bridge in Argostoli, Kefalonia?

I would love to visit one day and do a photoshoot at the bridge! Any tips for getting there and which season is best to visit Kefalonia?

Argostoli-720x468.jpg

Did you know that Kefalonia is considered to be Homeric Ithaca, the home of Odysseus?

This makes me want to visit Kefalonia even more!! Are there any spots on the island that are referenced in the stories? I would love to visit them

What is the easiest way to travel to Kefalonia?

Has anyone been to Kefalonia before? What's the most efficient and cost effective way to get there? Thanks

What are the katavothres in Kefalonia?

I've heard a little bit about the phenomenon but I don't know exactly what the katavothres are. Can anyone help out?

Have you been to Assos village?

I want to take a trip to the village of Assos in Kefalonia to see what authentic Kefalonitiko life is like. Any advice?

Kefalonia-720x480.jpg

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Share and discuss your Kefalonia photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter